Mothering Forum banner

I Wanna Date :)

1K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Freedom~Mama 
#1 ·
So I am really wanting to go out on a date with someone
LOL
Where do you ladies suggest that I look? I am not into the whole online dating scene. I tried that...left a very bad taste in my mouth.
I am just looking forward to a date where I have a nice dinner and maybe a movie. with someone decent.

See less See more
#3 ·
Hmm, I've generally done the online thing. okcupid is fantastic! Other people I've met were at a potluck for polyamorous people, and Rocky Horror picture show, so not really typical places... what about a meetup group for something you're interested in... or Parents Without Partners or something like that?

#6 ·
okcupid never produced results for me. it is a bit different for black women i think with the online dating experience. i wish there were some sort of sign that you could post on the online profiles that states that you are willing to dating interracially.
i think that a lot of guys of different nationalities don't message because they don't know what restrictions you have.

so, it may be a bit trickier for women of color. but i keep putting myself out there. i've done okcupid, which attracted a slew of gentlemen who seemed like they were fascinated by my "otherness." definitely not a turn-on. so i left that site.

i stayed on plentyoffish and just signed up with another due to media ads for it, so we shall see...

#7 ·
well, i have a neighbour who is willing to sit at a coffee shop with me and tell me the folks she knows that are single, and interested in women, so that seems like a start to me....
also, a friend's bf is "setting me up" with a friend of his, so maybe chatting with friends?
I feel pretty weird about dating, as, before I was with my ex, I met people at festivals/parties and got together in that way. I've never really dated before, but now it seems more like an option, as I don't just want to bring people home to my daughter, without knowing quite a bit about them first...

good luck!!

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad Mama Jama View Post
i wish there were some sort of sign that you could post on the online profiles that states that you are willing to dating interracially.
match.com has a section in your profile where you can list ethnicities you are interested in.
it's not a free site but for that reason i found people to be less flaky (or creepy) than on the free sites.

#12 ·
^just wanted to say good luck! I am so excited for you and don't worry I am sure if you have things in common you will have a lot to talk about. I know what you mean though, I love talking about my kids and I think that is a great way to start conversation. Just relax and be yourself! Let us know how it goes!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.