what is your pick-up/drop-off time? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-22-2010, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just got the answer to my parenting plan proposal. X would like to have dc from 10 am Tuesday - 10 am Wednesday and eow 10 am Friday to 10 am Sunday. These are such weird times and don't take into account jobs, preschool, school. I'd rather not revisit the parenting plan in a few years and am unlikely to ever be able to discuss anything civily with him.

He is not employed now. I am a sahm and plan on remaining one until dc start school. I will be going back to college in January.

Single mama to two wild and sweet toddlers 2/08
#2 of 5 Old 08-22-2010, 03:08 PM

We've done a few different times. Right now our EOW pick-up/drop-off is 5pm Fri-5pm Sun. It used to be 6pm, but we moved it earlier and 5pm just works wonders for ds in a way that 6pm couldn't work (b/c of when he east dinner, is getting tired, etc - the transition at 5pm is better for everyone really).

When we do extended visitation with his dad I prefer to have the drop-off be early in the day (like noon) so that the transition can be easier.
#3 of 5 Old 08-22-2010, 06:04 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
for us it has always been from ps/dc or school. so we never really saw each other till sunday when we exchanged mostly in the evening. i tried to make it no later than 7. if ex had something he picked her up earlier. or if i had something i'd drop her earlier.

would 10 am work for you?

it would be nice to have something set in stone before you start school. because it then makes it easier. for instance tu and thurs ex has dd for the night. so i know i have tues and thurs evenings free and so have whole days to take classes but none starting before 9 am 'coz i need to drop dd to school. i know m, w, fri i can only take classes till one because after that i have to run and pick up dd.

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#4 of 5 Old 08-23-2010, 08:03 AM

DH used to have the boys every weekend. He would pick them up 8.30am on Sat and drop them off around 7pm on Sun. They would have had dinner and bath when they came home and would be ready to go to bed (after the initial excitement of being home wore off)

It's complicated.
#5 of 5 Old 08-24-2010, 01:49 PM

You can use the 10AM time now if it works for you. And also state once the children start school / daycare the visitation would shift to ____________

I would opt for one of the following variations:

EOW from Friday afterschool - Monday morning with drop off and pick up at the school

OR

Every Tuesday from afterschool until after dinner and EOW from Friday afterschool - Monday morning with drop off and pick up at the school

(This one he can currently have them all day Tuesday until after dinner and he gets an extra night on Sundays so it's not really taking away a night just changing the placement of the night)

"There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way and not starting." - Buddha.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page