Surprised with a c-phone - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-31-2010, 06:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i would set rules just like everyone else has said. Maybe she can call him during her normal call times specifically from that phone if it is that big a deal. otherwise, i would see it somewhere plugged in quietly with little usage.

Former dreads.gifwearing, treehugger.gifing, pole dancing, read.gifpushing, ribbonpurple.gifsurvivor & single mama extraordinaire to energy.gif.  

Now that's a mouthful!!! computergeek2.gif & follow it!   

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2010, 06:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
honestly I wouldn't waste your time worrying about it. Take it to the phone store and have them lock the apps, the internet etc. let her play with the camera, talk to her dad and what not. if he is the sort of guy to make promises he doesn't keep he will do this without you. You can't protect her from this and having a cell won't make it better or worse. Let it go. My kids know that nothing daddy says is official until he talks to me about it.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyMcFluff View Post
In our situation and even at that age, the phone was/is used just to contact the kids (good night calls, sharing good news, informing dad of events that they'd like him to attend, sending silly pictures, etc.). All coodination of pick ups/drop offs/activities/etc, were and continue to be between their dad and me on our own lines. There has never been subversion of any kind, never been an issue with inappropriately timed calls, no power struggles related to use or phone rules, and the kids have never been go-betweens.

Honestly, the phone has been nothing but positive for all of us.
ditto for us too. this has been our experience too.

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 

User Tag List