Epic Fail...warning pity party vent. support, cake only please. - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 09-16-2010, 12:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
not to mention while child A is in an activities that could leave you in the lobby wasting time for an an hour with two other bored kids.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#32 of 33 Old 09-18-2010, 08:20 PM

This is a good cake party! My strongest advice, as a nutrition nerd, is to start taking a b-stress complex vitamin, D3, and magnesium citrate and to eat more meat. Even crappy meat has more amino acids than a veg diet. When I was a vegetarian I couldn't get near as much done as now, on a high fat, high protein traditional foods diet.

Even the conservative parenting experts like John Rosemond agree that high - attendance extracurriculars are over-rated. Kids need time to goof around and be kids!
#33 of 33 Old 09-18-2010, 10:55 PM - Thread Starter

Today was a good day. On the Saturdays I have the girls I get off work at 1:00 instead of 4:00. And I left. promptly. Even though it could quite possibly be one of our busiest days EVER. no kidding. Ava was at a birthday party, when I got home I threw a roast in the crock pot and headed out to pick up the girl. Swung back home and picked up the other two and we went to see Ramona and Beezus (I bawled my eyes out. Some of the stress hit a little too close to home). After they snarfed down supper they played outside. Together. with the neighbor girl and her family and new puppy. Until way ofter dark. They came in cold and dirty. True hallmarks of good playtime this time of year. Now the two little ones are snuggled up in bed together and the older one is reading to the younger one. I was glad we could spend the day playing as a family and weren't distracted by meets and competition that separate the family.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page