Working full time - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 09-16-2010, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't really need any advice I just want to express my sadness about this. I just started working full time for the first time since my 3.5 yo was born. I love it b/c I keeps my mind from going crazy. She is going to a Montessori preschool school from 8-3 everyday and has been for awhile. I'm still in training at my job and will be for 8 more weeks. The training schedule is 10-7 M-F. I feel like I never get to see my daughter and she cries when I drop her off at school every morning. When I pick her up from her grandma's in the evening she falls asleep on the way home. It makes me sad
#2 of 8 Old 09-16-2010, 11:36 AM

#3 of 8 Old 09-16-2010, 11:49 AM

i'm sorry! when your training is done, will you be able to have an earlier shift that lines up with her schedule better?
#4 of 8 Old 09-16-2010, 12:44 PM

I'm in a very similar position, but with an earlier shift. My son stays home with either my sister or my boyfriend, but still gets upset about missing me. The guilt is intense, isn't it? Even though you're being a good mama by having an income so you can support your baby.

stillheart.gif = Pariah, Super Mom + The Amazing Wiggy (1/06)superhero.gifangel.gif  (6/08)  52 Projects: 0/52  Decluttering Challenge: 37/2013

#5 of 8 Old 09-16-2010, 06:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I still cry over it every day almost. I miss being a mom. Even when I am home an exhausted and can't be the mom I want to be. Honestly I am more upset about him taking that away from us, than for his cheating.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#6 of 8 Old 09-16-2010, 08:30 PM

s:
#7 of 8 Old 09-16-2010, 08:37 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
mucho subliime

mucho lilyka

yeah i remember how heart wrenching it was for me. esp. since dd was in dc for over 10 hours a day on a regular basis and her dad refused to pick her up earlier than the closing time. she was in dc from 7 am to 6 pm

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#8 of 8 Old 09-16-2010, 09:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am at work nine hours a day. No personal days no flexibility. I get two weeks off. I take one for a religious observance and I will have to take the other off while they are at camp because XH will not allow them to go if I do am not close enough to attend to them (even though they will be fine. whatever, I will do what it takes to get them to camp they want to go so bad. he said yes this year and then took it back at the last minute they were crushed. ) but that leaves us with no family vacation. No time together. ever. And one of my days off is a weekday so even on weekends I don't get to be with them.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page