What is the legal line between "my body" and "Father's Rights"? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 38 Old 09-21-2010, 03:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mama, it might be a good idea to edit/delete some of that info in post 29. I'm in NY and I can probably guess which hospital you are going to deliver at. It's been known to happen that some exes look up internet info.

Mama to one 2 yr. old tornado banana.gif
#32 of 38 Old 09-21-2010, 03:42 PM

take any precaution that you can evem if it seems far fetched.
#33 of 38 Old 09-21-2010, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte Mama View Post
Mama, it might be a good idea to edit/delete some of that info in post 29. I'm in NY and I can probably guess which hospital you are going to deliver at. It's been known to happen that some exes look up internet info.
I agree. I think I know exactly which hospital you are talking about.

Marissa - Wife to Keith 6/28/03 and Mommy to Sienna 3/17/06 and Carter 5/10/08 born on his due date!
I love being a SAHM!  EPed with dd.  Breastfed for 2 years with ds.   
#34 of 38 Old 09-21-2010, 04:03 PM

as far as a lawyer goes, my sis got in a petty legal bind that turned into all out chaos and a friend of hers recommended contacting lawyers in the area and asking for help. Apparently, and I dont know if this is just the state she lives in which is different from mine, but lawyers are required (?) pro bono hrs each year. She actually got someone to represent her for free and her case was dropped (a good thing). I would look into that. Make some calls. I know girls who feel that things like this are wrong, but that they dont want to piss off their babies father. My good friend had her ds father in the delivery room when he was born tho they were no longer together and he brought and ate a stinky plate of enchiladas from his new girlfriends mom! righta after the baby was born. Even tho my friend was gagging at the smell. Loser. I guess that was a bold example of how men feel the need to be included, but dont value the situations the way women do, or women want them too. Im not mentioning this just to keep this douche away from your birth.
Push past any guilt you may still be harboring about the situation even if you are too uncomfortable to admit it now, and keep him away from you and your kids. I can GUARANTEE it you wont regret it. And I would not invite him over for dinner. I know when living this situation its easy to hear what you should do, but so much harder to do it sometimes, but seriously, you let him back in and where do you draw the line? What happens if hes over for dinner and baby needs to eat? It makes me sick to think of someone getting off on watching something that is so vulnerable and vital.
And really, he lives with his mother but shes gonna drop him immediately if his name isnt on a birth certificate? Sure he didnt just make this up to make you feel bad? Did he promise you some of the inheritance if you make the baby legally his as well? If so, just more manipulation......
And there is a HUGE line between your body and a "fathers" rights. HUGE. You call the shots.

wife to dh the love of my life, and mommy to ds 3/10 . I get to spend everyday with my hero and my miracle.
#35 of 38 Old 09-21-2010, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaklo View Post
as far as a lawyer goes, my sis got in a petty legal bind that turned into all out chaos and a friend of hers recommended contacting lawyers in the area and asking for help. Apparently, and I dont know if this is just the state she lives in which is different from mine, but lawyers are required (?) pro bono hrs each year. She actually got someone to represent her for free and her case was dropped (a good thing).
Lawyers are not required to do any pro bono work in most (if not all) states, but many do. Obviously you want someone with particular experience in this type of work, though - even well practiced family attorneys do not know how to handle this sort of situation WELL, so making random calls is not necessarily the best or most efficient way to go. A women's shelter will have someone on hand or on staff that does ONLY this stuff, so that's my recommendation. A law school that has a clinical program may be able to take it on for free, depending on the OP's income, but they are also a REALLY good source of pro-bono organizations in the area and will be able to point her in the right direction. If you call the state bar (or city bar association) they may have a similar referral program.
#36 of 38 Old 09-22-2010, 02:08 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
mama i have no advice but when i saw post #29 my insides SCREAMED to delete some portions of it. just to be sure to avoid ANY chance of hassle.

is it me or was there a thread just like this one a while ago - maybe a year or 6 months ago! eerily v. similar to yours OP.

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#37 of 38 Old 09-22-2010, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
[QUOTE=meemee;15869812is it me or was there a thread just like this one a while ago - maybe a year or 6 months ago! eerily v. similar to yours OP.[/QUOTE]

Remind me to go look for that post later. For now, so sick, severe cold, beginning of he flu, something. Need to go back to bed for today. Ugh. Too many other things I SHOULD be doing than laying around in bed all day.

I pray for the day Family Court recognizes that CHILDREN have rights, parents only have PRIVILEGES.  Only then, will I know my child is safe.
#38 of 38 Old 09-25-2010, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte Mama View Post
Shouldn't the quote in post #30 also be altered?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page