here i go - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-22-2010, 12:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
it is about 30 minutes away from my 31st birthday. my soon to be x hub is on his way to a city 4 hours away to sign a lease on a new apt. to be near his new job.

in the last 11 years of my marriage i have been lied to, cussed at, manipulated, humiliated, hit, hurt, rejected, bullied, and made to feel like a total idiot.

in truth, i am very smart and have always hoped that my husband would stop being an ass and just figure out how to give and recieve love in a healthy way with me.

i feel so alone. and so dumb. how could i have let this go on for so long? i know he made it VERY hard to leave (via threats and manipulation) but i should have known better.

my children have suffered, and i have suffered. and despite the fact that i should be no where near any other men right now, b/c i have gone SO SO SO SO long with out love or touch, i just wish that some magic love would just drop down out of the sky and love me through this.

we have been living as room mates for the last year. and for the last 7 years he has refused to be physical with me (with a very rare case here and there).

i have no real point. it is just that this is where i came when i first got pregnant and lived in chicago and had no one that i knew to love me through it and then when my next child was a still born, this is where i came b.c it was the only place i felt safe anough to let it out. and now, here i am again.

asking: how and the hell do i do this? some days i feel like a holy super woman totally on my path. but sometimes i feel very very scared and alone.
and unsure...can i really break this pattern and end this awful marriage?
am i truly deserving of something better than what this was?
is it out there for me?

thanks...
#2 of 4 Old 10-22-2010, 01:42 AM

Happy Birthday

I know it doesn't feel too happy at the moment, but you have to know that you do deserve all the happiness in the world. If I were where you are, I'd bring you a chocolate cake and a bottle of champagne!

There is some true happiness for you, but you need to claim some for yourself right now. You don't need to make any major decisions until you are ready to. You'll know when the time is right. In the meantime, take care of yourself and treat yourself to a wonderful birthday, even if it is just baking some cupcakes and watching the sunset or going to the movies or anything else. Keeping telling yourself that you are really deserving of love, and your life will start mirroring that.

formerly ZoshaMosha
#3 of 4 Old 10-22-2010, 04:01 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
This is it, Mama! He's moving out, it's your birthday, and it's time to start on an incredible new journey with your dc! This isn't a bad place, it's a clear karma place. Love your own self through it. You'll see!

Mama to: Asterbanana.gif ,          Augustblueman.gif,              Emmett:nut.gif,              Ruthie: kiss.gif

Step mom to Malakiesuperhero.gif, Cameron af.gif, and Aurelia partytime.gif
#4 of 4 Old 10-22-2010, 10:17 AM

Have you considered joining the Surviving Abuse forum? There are lots of awesome mamas there to give you support.

Also, have a wonderful birthday. Your adventure is just starting!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page