Why does he have to be TOLD?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-31-2010, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My soon-to-be ExHusband used to be the best Dad I'd ever known. His life literally used to revolve around the two kids. Literally- I used to wish I had a Dad like that while growing up. Then he left me. Since then, he barely spends time with my stepdaughter when he has her, and has very little interest with my son these days as well.

He told my son last night that he might come over today. He hasn't come over or called, so I text him, asking if he plans on coming over, 'cause my son's waiting for him. I had to explain to him that if he even mentiones the posibility of him coming to see my son, my son will wake up early, shower, wear his best clothes, clean his room, go all-out making sure there's new things to show him on his computer when he comes. My son's Dad just didn't get it. Wouldn't that be common sense- you have a child you don't spend much time with, who you're told literally lives for the moments you spend time with him, that if you mention you minght come over, then he's gonna expect you to come over?! Why do I have to spell it out for him? Geez!

For the record, after texting back and forth as few times, my son's Dad is gonna "find some time around 4 to stop by".

I pray for the day Family Court recognizes that CHILDREN have rights, parents only have PRIVILEGES.  Only then, will I know my child is safe.
#2 of 2 Old 10-31-2010, 05:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My ex did this. I'm so sorry your son is going through it, it's so rough! My ex WAS an awesome dad, then he jumped ship. It went downhill from this stage of 'maybe I'll show up and maybe I wont", so I don't have any promises of improvement for you.

to you and your son

GOOD moms let their kids lick the beaters. GREAT moms turn off the mixer first!
Humanist Woman Wife , & Friend Plus Mama to 6 (3 mos, 2, 9, 13, 17, 20)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page