Mothering Forum banner

Why does he have to be TOLD?!

672 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Theoretica 
#1 ·
My soon-to-be ExHusband used to be the best Dad I'd ever known. His life literally used to revolve around the two kids. Literally- I used to wish I had a Dad like that while growing up. Then he left me. Since then, he barely spends time with my stepdaughter when he has her, and has very little interest with my son these days as well.

He told my son last night that he might come over today. He hasn't come over or called, so I text him, asking if he plans on coming over, 'cause my son's waiting for him. I had to explain to him that if he even mentiones the posibility of him coming to see my son, my son will wake up early, shower, wear his best clothes, clean his room, go all-out making sure there's new things to show him on his computer when he comes. My son's Dad just didn't get it. Wouldn't that be common sense- you have a child you don't spend much time with, who you're told literally lives for the moments you spend time with him, that if you mention you minght come over, then he's gonna expect you to come over?! Why do I have to spell it out for him? Geez!

For the record, after texting back and forth as few times, my son's Dad is gonna "find some time around 4 to stop by".

See less See more
#2 ·
My ex did this. I'm so sorry your son is going through it, it's so rough! My ex WAS an awesome dad, then he jumped ship. It went downhill from this stage of 'maybe I'll show up and maybe I wont", so I don't have any promises of improvement for you.

to you and your son

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.