Really? A judge can force this?!? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 131 Old 12-02-2010, 01:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephandOwen View Post

Yup, exactly. We leave for the Virgin Islands in 25 days. We get married in 30 days!!!!

I hope you post a pic or 2!!!  I'm SO EXCITED for you!

#62 of 131 Old 12-02-2010, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturallymommy View Post

sorry i didn't understand the situation entirely.

CONGRATS!!! how exciting :):):):)

No problem! As we teach the children I work with- there are no stupid questions :)

And thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super~Single~Mama View Post

Quote:

Yup, exactly. We leave for the Virgin Islands in 25 days. We get married in 30 days!!!!

Definitely! There will probably be a lot of pictures, actually. Our photographer is going to do a shoot on one island a couple days before we get married (just fun shots). Then he'll do another shoot of our wedding (on a different island). He's set up an online photo album that we can give people the link to. So after he posts pics I'll post the link! There will also be a video of the wedding but I'm not sure how I'll get that posted.

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#63 of 131 Old 12-02-2010, 03:08 PM

t/j sorry

Is MIL still hounding you about your wedding?

#64 of 131 Old 12-03-2010, 07:44 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturallymommy View Post

sorry i didn't understand the situation entirely.

CONGRATS!!! how exciting :):):):)

No problem! As we teach the children I work with- there are no stupid questions :)

And thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super~Single~Mama View Post

Quote:

Definitely! There will probably be a lot of pictures, actually. Our photographer is going to do a shoot on one island a couple days before we get married (just fun shots). Then he'll do another shoot of our wedding (on a different island). He's set up an online photo album that we can give people the link to. So after he posts pics I'll post the link! There will also be a video of the wedding but I'm not sure how I'll get that posted.

Awesome!!!  I'm so excited for you!  It's going to be SOOOOOO FUN!  I just hope Owen has just as much fun as you do!

#65 of 131 Old 12-03-2010, 08:10 AM

I am very excited for you Steph.  O will have a blast with Grandpa and Jason and you deserve a little couple time ---- especially for your wedding!  I love destination weddings. :)  Good idea to have the certified copy of your order and a letter to cover things should your dad need to.  Also make sure he has your lawyer's info. just  in case it's needed....... 

Enjoy your special day!!!!!

"There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way and not starting." - Buddha.
#66 of 131 Old 12-03-2010, 09:07 AM

I just stumbled upon this thread after months of not being here. OMG!  Are you living my life??? My ex is trying to take yds because soon-to-be-husband moved in when my ods became violent.  ODS is now in a residential facility BUT there is no guarantee he won't be discharged at any time, so s-t-b-h has not moved out.  We are getting married January 15.  THANK GOODNESS due to conflicts my court date has been postponed twice and is now scheduled for January 31st.  And I totally get the money thing.  I would lose nearly $8000 if we married during 2010, which is the only reason we aren't!

Wow, the things that happen in this world never cease to bewilder me!

#67 of 131 Old 12-05-2010, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

So here's a funny little update. Ex just talked to ds (for a whole 2 minutes and 47 seconds). He basically said hi, asked what ds did over the weekend, didn't want any elaboration, then told ds that they (he and his sister and mom) were getting him "lots and lots of Christmas presents so when you come visit us at the end of the month we can spoil you". Ummm..... his next visit is this weekend. In 5 days. Not at the end of the month. The UAV doesn't even know when his visit is, but is claiming to be father of the year. Yet he's had the letter since last JANUARY when his visit would be for this year. He doesn't have any visitation time at the end of the month. He has a visit this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. That's it. As for the "lots and lots of presents"..... uhhhh.... yeah, kinda like you sent ds a b-day present 2 1/2 months ago and he still hasn't received it? Yeah. Wonderful. The stupid thing is he even told ds what he was sending him (a certain dvd that ds had never asked for and had no interest in and a pair of pj's that ds probably won't wear because he has very specific clothing issues and ex didn't think to ask me about those). I'm going to roll if he re-wraps those and gives them to ds for Christmas. Father of the year duh.gif I'm trying to decide what to do. Send him an email reminding him that his visit is this weekend (probably would look the best in front of the Judge but I know ex doesn't check his email often at all so he might not even get it before the weekend), send him a text reminding him of his visit this weekend (would look good in front of the Judge, but I've already received a text from him telling me not to contact him unless there's an emergency with ds), not say a thing and wait to see what happens (he may get a letter from my lawyer before his Friday visit with the visit mentioned in it, but he may not).... or something I'm not thinking of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neetling View Post

t/j sorry

Is MIL still hounding you about your wedding?

Surprisingly, FMIL has changed a LOT over the last few months. DP and I were just talking about this. She seems to have grown up (lol) and isn't nearly as "needy" as she was before. We've heard a comment here and there from both FMIL and FFIL about "are you sure there's no room in your suitcase for us?" and stuff like that, but all in a joking manner. I think she has come to terms with it and is okay. Not happy, but okay. DS told her the other day that "Jason and mama are getting married so they can have another baby" lol.gif So I think FMIL is on her best behavior knowing that if we do have another baby I won't tolerate her crap and, if we do have another baby, that would be her one and only "blood grandchild" (she has 3 other grandchildren, including ds, but none of them are related by blood. She didn't meet ds until he was 3 1/2, her other grandson she didn't meet until he was 5 or 6 and her granddaughter is only 2 but her parents have chosen to basically cut FMIL and FFIL out of their lives so she's only seen her maybe 10 times in the last 2 years even though they live just 10 minutes away. So if we have a baby it would be her one and only chance to be a part of the child's life from birth). But I won't play her games and I think she's realized that. She actually made me and dp very proud though. Her b-day was last week. Every year on her b-day she wants to go eat at a restaurant. Fine, no biggie. But ds does NOT handle restaurants well, especially this time of the year (he has autism). Last year it was a disaster. We went to Red Lobster and he basically spent half of the dinner under the table screaming and the other half I took him outside and then took my food home. I told dp that he was welcome to take his mom out for dinner on her b-day, but ds and I would not be joining them. But, before dp could even tell his mom that, she told dp that she wanted to do her b-day different this year because she wanted to make it easier on ds. So instead of going out we did dinner at our house (I cooked). DS did wonderful and everyone had a great time thumb.gif 6 months ago she wouldn't have cared and would have insisted on dinner out and thrown a big temper tantrum if ds and I didn't go. I will also say that I'm attempting to meet her half way so for Thanksgiving I agreed to take ds to Cracker Barrel to eat dinner with them, even though I was completely opposed to it, because I knew it meant a lot to FMIL. We agreed that FMIL and FFIL would get to the restaurant and put their names on the list and 10 minutes before we were supposed to be seated we would leave our house and meet them there. It worked out wonderfully and we all had a good meal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveOhm View Post

I am very excited for you Steph.  O will have a blast with Grandpa and Jason and you deserve a little couple time ---- especially for your wedding!  I love destination weddings. :)  Good idea to have the certified copy of your order and a letter to cover things should your dad need to.  Also make sure he has your lawyer's info. just  in case it's needed....... 

Enjoy your special day!!!!!

Thanks! My dad actually has all the info for the lawyer.... since he used her for his divorce too. LOL! Small town winky.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myboysmom View Post

I just stumbled upon this thread after months of not being here. OMG!  Are you living my life??? My ex is trying to take yds because soon-to-be-husband moved in when my ods became violent.  ODS is now in a residential facility BUT there is no guarantee he won't be discharged at any time, so s-t-b-h has not moved out.  We are getting married January 15.  THANK GOODNESS due to conflicts my court date has been postponed twice and is now scheduled for January 31st.  And I totally get the money thing.  I would lose nearly $8000 if we married during 2010, which is the only reason we aren't!

Wow, the things that happen in this world never cease to bewilder me!

That is insane. Great that you got your court date postponed! I think it's so bogus that a Judge can snub his nose at the loss of $8-10,000. That's no small chunk of change for most of us!

#68 of 131 Old 12-05-2010, 08:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:

I'm trying to decide what to do. Send him an email reminding him that his visit is this weekend (probably would look the best in front of the Judge but I know ex doesn't check his email often at all so he might not even get it before the weekend), send him a text reminding him of his visit this weekend (would look good in front of the Judge, but I've already received a text from him telling me not to contact him unless there's an emergency with ds), not say a thing and wait to see what happens (he may get a letter from my lawyer before his Friday visit with the visit mentioned in it, but he may not).... or something I'm not thinking of. 

I would send him an email and mention in the email that you would have sent him a text as well except that he specifically asked you not to text unless it was an emergency. This way you have it covered. :) Whether he reads it in time is not your fault...you would have sent a text if he hadn't asked you not to!

- Emy . Single mom to DS nut.gif Ezra (15.12.05), angel2.gif Thames (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif Allora (11.02.11) and dog2.gif Hoppylactivist.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  waterbirth.jpg fambedsingle2.gif bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#69 of 131 Old 12-06-2010, 06:34 AM

I would not remind him.  If he has the visitation schedule for the year why should you have to remind him?  I have no patience with crappy parent behavior like his.  You are not sabotaging him  by not reminding him, he has the schedule.  You are not his parent, he is a parent to your son and should not have to be reminded of visitation that was scheduled nearly a year ago.  I am sure this will not go over well, but Steph you are in a battle against him and you need all of the ammo you can get.  Despite what an absent and uninvolved parent he has been to date, you have no idea how this judge is going to rule if you end up in court, kwim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeep View Post

Quote:

I'm trying to decide what to do. Send him an email reminding him that his visit is this weekend (probably would look the best in front of the Judge but I know ex doesn't check his email often at all so he might not even get it before the weekend), send him a text reminding him of his visit this weekend (would look good in front of the Judge, but I've already received a text from him telling me not to contact him unless there's an emergency with ds), not say a thing and wait to see what happens (he may get a letter from my lawyer before his Friday visit with the visit mentioned in it, but he may not).... or something I'm not thinking of. 

I would send him an email and mention in the email that you would have sent him a text as well except that he specifically asked you not to text unless it was an emergency. This way you have it covered. :) Whether he reads it in time is not your fault...you would have sent a text if he hadn't asked you not to!

bananabee likes this.
#70 of 131 Old 12-06-2010, 06:57 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies! I ended up emailing my lawyer and explained the situation to her and asked what I should do. Just waiting for her reply on how to proceed. I'm almost tempted to let it go and then when he misses the Friday visit I'll send him a text asking him why he missed the visit and whether he's going to see ds on Saturday. That way it's known that he missed the visit, but I don't look horribly crappy in front of the Judge. ETA- it's possible ex will realize before Friday that it's a visit weekend. He calls ds on Thursday nights. On Thursday night we will be driving up to Michigan so it's possible ds will tell him that.

#71 of 131 Old 12-06-2010, 07:04 AM

i would wait it out to be honest.  See if O tells him Thursday (you'll be in the car right?  I can't imagine O would leave that out - well, except that he hangs up too quickly).  Then, Friday morning, I would send a text asking if he's going to see O.  Likely, he'll have plans, or the baby, and won't be able to visit. 

#72 of 131 Old 12-06-2010, 07:47 AM

he is something, isn't he?

it might make sense to prepare owen for the possibility of disappointment with gifts.  i would say that sometimes people say they are going to do something that they really want to do (like give you a bunch of presents), when they aren't actually able to do it.  on the other hand, maybe that's letting matt off the hook too easily, and maybe you don't need to make excuses for him.  i don't know.  in my case it's different, because my boys do have a relationship with their dad (recent split) - it's more damaging to them personally when their dad screws up, versus owen being disappointed but not necessarily feeling as bad about himself just because matt is a flake.  idk.

#73 of 131 Old 12-06-2010, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter

That's an interesting idea, doubledutch. With his birthday, ds didn't really seem to care one way or another. He never mentioned (to dp and I) the lack of a gift from ex. When ex told him last night that they were getting him "lots and lots of Christmas presents" ds didn't react at all. No excitement, nothing. The only time it has seemed to hurt ds was last Christmas ds picked out what he considered the perfect present for ex's baby (who was a couple months old at Christmas last year). DS worked hard to pick out that gift and wrapped it all by himself (he picked out a blanket with Mickey Mouse on it- because he loves Mickey Mouse and thought the baby would too, and he said it was cold so he wanted to make sure the baby stayed warm. He also picked out a little toy "so I can show the baby how to play"). Then ex didn't even show up for Christmas. Not a call. Nothing. We met with ex's grandparents that weekend and they took the gift to make sure the baby got it. DS didn't receive a thank you card, note, email, phone call, picture. Nothing. DS didn't even notice or care that he didn't receive anything from ex for Christmas, but it sure hurt him that he a) wasn't able to give the baby the gift and b) didn't even get a thank you for the gift. He talked about that one for quite awhile greensad.gif  If ds asks to buy something for the baby this year, I'll probably let him (or encourage him to make something). But he hasn't asked yet and I'm not going to mention it. I'd rather he not go through that pain again. angry.gif

#74 of 131 Old 12-08-2010, 04:20 AM

I'm a lurker coming out of the woodwork, with no parenting experience whatsoever, but i thought of something (maybe it's so obvious you've thought of it already, and just not mentioned it, anything's possible).  Ex was talking to Owen about the end of December, and you happened to hear because I think i remember that O prefers speakerphone.  It would be different if he had texted you with something about the end of December and presents, but for all he knows O is in the other room.  Ex has the visitation schedule, if he messes it up it's not your thing to fix. Hope this helps!

Bex, 25, wheelchair.gif currently only mom to my 3cat.gif, happily reading and learning until i have kids of my own!

#75 of 131 Old 12-08-2010, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbecca View Post

I'm a lurker coming out of the woodwork, with no parenting experience whatsoever, but i thought of something (maybe it's so obvious you've thought of it already, and just not mentioned it, anything's possible).  Ex was talking to Owen about the end of December, and you happened to hear because I think i remember that O prefers speakerphone.  It would be different if he had texted you with something about the end of December and presents, but for all he knows O is in the other room.  Ex has the visitation schedule, if he messes it up it's not your thing to fix. Hope this helps!

Good point.  There is no reason for you to expect XH isn't prepared for this weekend (other than he is who he is, but that's beside the point) .  He has had the schedule for nearly a year and of course you weren't snooping on his phone calls to O ;) .

#76 of 131 Old 12-08-2010, 05:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbecca View Post

Good point!

My lawyer did advise me to contact ex and just tell him that my lawyer sent his lawyer a letter detailing our offer for visit this weekend, but to sum it up.... and then give a quick explanation of our offer. This was her advice because ex's lawyer actually sent my lawyer a letter a couple weeks ago, but because of the state difference and stuff it takes a little longer for us to respond. So ex's lawyer is just now getting a letter from my lawyer, 2 days before the visit is supposed to be. Ex could attempt to claim in court that we were stalling with responding so he wouldn't have time to make plans for a visit this weekend (even though we all know the truth). So me sending him an email/text letting him know the papers are at his lawyers but if he wants to see ds this weekend he needs to contact me just covers my butt. We don't even know if he'll agree to it (the offer is 3 hours supervised Friday, 1 1/2 hours supervised and 1 1/2 hours unsupervised Saturday and 3 hours unsupervised on Sunday.... same as we offered in October).

So I emailed ex last night and sent him a text bright and early this morning. LOL! I'm sure he loved that little wake up (he works afternoons so typically doesn't wake up until 11 or noon). lol.gif  Now we just wait and see if we hear back from him. The text I sent basically forces him to contact me if he wants to see ds (to tell me where he wants me to bring ds on Friday morning). If I don't hear from him, I assume he doesn't want to see ds.

#77 of 131 Old 12-09-2010, 06:09 AM - Thread Starter

Well, I sent ex an email Tuesday night and sent him a text yesterday at 8am. It's now Thursday at 9am..... 24 hours before his visit is supposed to be and I haven't heard from him. I have to drive ds alone up to Michigan tonight (and we can't leave until after his therapy which is after school so the earliest we'll be on the road is 5:30..... it's about a 7 hour drive so we should get up there around midnight or 1am. That's IF the roads are clear and not icy. I have to drive this one alone too because dp has a lot of medical stuff going on (he gets a CT scan today to make sure what they saw are polyps and not tumors greensad.gif ) so he can't come (he has doctor appointments tomorrow to figure out what to do once they know what we're dealing with). I swear- if I drive all the way up there and he *doesn't* see Owen- I'm going to be pissed. I will be pissed to the point of having my lawyer file papers with the court to take his a$$ back in, suing him for sole custody (those papers are actually already on the Judge's desk, just waiting for us to proceed) as well as making him pay back the cost of driving up there as well as the money I had to give up from not working today or tomorrow. If I drive all the way up there, when I should be here supporting dp, and ex doesn't even show up or call to say he's not going to see ds.... grrrrr. At least ds will enjoy his time with Grandpa. I will still be pissed. Ex is supposed to call ds tonight so we'll see whether he tells ds he's going to see him this weekend.

#78 of 131 Old 12-09-2010, 08:12 AM

oh wow!  i'm sorry you're having to deal with ex's shenanigans when dp is going through stuff.  i bet you really wish you could be there tomorrow.  :(  safe travels!

#79 of 131 Old 12-09-2010, 11:06 AM

Since you won't be there until 1am at the earliest, I would send a second email detailing the reasons for that, and explain that O will not be available for a visit until 11am - that gives you some down time in the morning (or some extra sleep time).  I think thats perfectly reasonable - if it ruffles his feathers who cares.

#80 of 131 Old 12-09-2010, 10:38 PM

Did he call?

#81 of 131 Old 12-10-2010, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, he did contact me. Sorta. He sent me a text but only part of it came through. I sent him a text asking him to resend it but never heard back. About 3 hours after I sent that text I just called him (he had called ds during that 3 hours too). He was very polite, which was shocking. He explained that he understood why I needed to make sure ds adjusted well (AKA- his lawyer must have beat him over the head after getting the letter from my lawyer... lol). He agreed to the visits I proposed for this weekend and said he would call ds this morning to ask ds where he wanted to go for breakfast (what?!? Normally he would just pick a place, usually somewhere ds wouldn't like anything anyway). DS picked McDonald's (of course) so we met there at 9am. The plan was to grab some breakfast then around 10 to go to the town he lives in to go to the library his wife works at. DS started reading to ex imediately at 9am (ds had brought some books with him) and read to him until after 11. LOL! (Of course, ex didn't buy ds breakfast so after waiting until 9:30 I just bought ds some food to eat- ex has never bought ds any food when he has his visits- I always do). At 11 ex asked me what time it was. I told him and he mentioned that it was too late to go to his town. So I asked ds if he wanted to go play in the play area for a bit. Ex took him in there and not even 10 minutes later came back out and got me saying "he's hiding so you can go deal with him". Gee. Thanks. We get him out (I sorta forced ex to go crawl into the play area to get ds out... lol). Ex was gone by 11:30. His visit was supposed to be until noon. WTF?! He's insisting to a Judge he wants more time (usupervised) but can't even take the time he's offered?!? Seriously?? I agreed to bringing ds to ex's house tomorrow morning. From 9-10:30 will be with me there and then from 10:30 until noon will be without me there. He asked me if I could bring one of ds's dvd's to his house tomorrow. I looked at him like he had grown a dozen heads. Ummm.... ds's house and all his stuff is in Kentucky. We do not bring everything he owns to Michigan for a weekend visit. YOU can go out and get a dvd for him. Geez. Go to the freaking redbox and rent him a dvd for $1 if it means that much to you.

Soooo..... he is seeing ds. DS did good with the visit today (he'll read to just about anyone for hours at a time... lol). But he's just giving me more fuel to the fire (if he goes to court claiming that he wants more time with ds then we can prove he hasn't even used all the available time).

#82 of 131 Old 12-10-2010, 10:06 AM

let him keep digging....find the art if you can (humor) of it and use it to your advantage in court.  Best of luck this weekend.

#83 of 131 Old 12-10-2010, 02:49 PM

I'm really curious about this since I'm also in KY. My STBX has already moved in with his gf, whom he just MET 9 months ago. I think this is very bad for the children and shows a complete lack of parenting judgment. (I'm not saying anything about you - what I'm saying is to move kids in with someone you hardly know just a year after separating from their mother is a poor decision and poor example for young kids.)

Also, I can submit medical bills to whatever this friend of the court program is? I just had child support go through the state and he carries the kids on his insurance but is refusing to pay the deductible on their and my medical bills (Mine I can understand, but theirs??

#84 of 131 Old 12-10-2010, 07:48 PM

Hey Steph - how is Jason? I hope he got good results at the doctors'!

#85 of 131 Old 12-11-2010, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quick update... ex is, like always, taking 1 step forward and 3 steps back. He got kudos for actually visiting with ds today and not skipping. He also got kudos for calling his sister and asking her to come to his house to help him (because he was going to take ds to some festival thing going on in his town- which meant walking on sidewalks and crossing streets with ds). At least he was smart enough to call for help (knowing he's already let ds run into a road and almost get hit by a car once). However, before I left (I stayed for 1 1/2 hours and the he had ds alone for 1 1/2 hours) I heard ds tell ex he was hungry. Ex's response? "You can get something to eat after your mom comes back". WTF?!? DS said that he kept asking ex for food but ex wouldn't give him anything :( How hard is it to give the kid a banana or a handful of crackers?? Then when I picked ds up we were discussing tomorrows visit (3 hours usupervised). Ex said he would come pick ds up here and then I could come pick him up at the end of the visit. Cool, since that means I wouldn't have to get up as early (his visit is supposed to start at 8am) and it also means that I wouldn't have to do all the driving (ex moved about 30 minutes away from where he used to live- by my dad- so I've had to do all the driving for the visits). I asked ex if he had a carseat for ds and he stumbled around and finally said "I thought we could just use *D*'s" (D is his 1 year old son). Ummmm.... I asked how high the weight limit is for that carseat and he said he didn't know, he would ask his wife. She said she thought it was 65lbs. Okay, no biggie. I explained to ex he would have to re-thread the harness (since it's so low for a 1 year old). I asked him to double check to make sure the carseat goes to 65lbs before we leave. We went out to his car where he figured out it really only goes to 40lbs. DS is about 52lbs. Obviously ds can't use that carseat. So now I have to drive ds back out there at 8am tomorrow (which means I have to wake ds up before 7 to get him dressed and ready to go). Grrrr. Ex promised he would have a carseat for ds by the next visit, which is bogus because we had the conversation about him getting a carseat back in July. And he was supposed to have it by his visit in October. So how the heck could he have even done his October visit, if I had caved and let him have ds unsupervised!?! That really pisses me off but all I can do is record it and take it back to the Judge- obviously ex isn't serious about seeing ds because he's had 5 months to buy him a carseat and he still hasn't.

Blueholly- I'm not sure how it works in Kentucky, sorry. Even though we live in Kentucky, all of our court stuff is done through Michigan.

momof4peppers- thanks for asking. DP had a CT scan done Thursday but the appointment for the results got re-scheduled for Monday morning. So now we just have to continue waiting.

#86 of 131 Old 12-11-2010, 09:03 PM

Wishing you peace and warm thoughts this weekend both with O and on Monday with your DP

"There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way and not starting." - Buddha.
#87 of 131 Old 12-12-2010, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter

Okay, so there was a lot that happened that I left out of the last post because I wanted to see how it all played out. At this point, though, I am contacting my lawyer and asking if we can ask the Judge to order supervised visit. I'll try to give the short version because I'm exhausted and need to sleep!

Friday- ex invited ds out for breakfast (ds picked McDonalds). Ex refused to actually GET food for ds so forced me to. No biggie, at least I knew ds was eating.

Saturday- I was with ds at ex's house for the first 1 1/2 hours. Then I left and ex had ds alone for 1 1/2 hours. Right as I was leaving after the first 1 1/2 hours I heard ds tell ex that he was hungry. Ex mumbled something about "when your mom comes back". When I picked up ds at the end of the visit I was putting him in his carseat when he started complaining about being hungry and said that ex wouldn't give him any food even though he told him he was hungry greensad.gif At the end of the visit, as we were packing ds up, ex and his sister promised ds that the next morning they were going to make him a big Christmas breakfast for that side of the family. They asked what breakfast foods ds likes so he and I told them. They were cool with that and told him that the next say he would come over and they would have a big breakfast and they would have some Christmas gifts for him.

Sunday- I got ds ready and took him over to ex's house. The roads were absolutely horrible and we were a couple minutes late but no biggie. Ex and I talked about it and ex told me that I could pick ds up early so that we could get on the road (we had to drive back to Kentucky and the roads were really bad). So I told ex I would go back to my dad's house, pack up and then come pick ds up between 10-11. I got back to ex's house at about 10:15. I went in and said hi to everyone (ex, his wife, their baby, ex's parents, ex's sister, her two kids and a family friend were there). We got ds packed up and ready to go. As we were leaving I heard ex and his family talking about how "starving" they were and deciding whether they should go out to the restaurant ex works at to eat breakfast. WHAT?!? I somehow kept a cool head and didn't go back in and ARGH (UA prevents me from completing that sentence...). Instead I took my little man out to my car. As I was buckling him up he started saying he was really hungry and practically begging me for food greensad.gif angry.gif He said "Matt promised me yesterday he was going to make me a yummy breakfast today but he didn't. I kept asking him for food but he kept telling me no". Are. You. Kidding. Me. Seriously took all the willpower I had to not go back into ex's house. It would not have been a pretty picture. Thankfully I had brought a bunch of food with me (preparing for the long drive) so I fixed ds up a big breakfast and he ate until he couldn't stuff anything else in that little belly of his. I was so pissed off. Seriously- wtf was he thinking not feeding ds?! DS had been up since 6:45. It was 10:30 by the time he got out to my car. He hadn't eaten since about 7:00 the previous night. You let a 7 year old child (who already has feeding issues) go 15 1/2 hours without eating..... because you didn't want to be bothered with making him something YOU PROMISED HIM!?!

So.... here's where the question comes in..... it's neglect to not feed the child, right? What he did was neglect? Everything else aside (the lack of carseat, the lack of age appropriate toys/books (the only stuff he had for ds to play with was his 1 year old sons toys..... ds is 7), etc), I am so freaking pissed off about the food. 3 days in a row he refused to feed ds. WTF?!? I sent an email to my lawyer asking her if the Judge would consider that neglect and asking what we should do. I really want to file something to get sole custody with him having supervised visits until he can prove (for an extended period of time) that he can consistently do those visits AND actually care for ds during them (not make me do everything, such as feeding him). I am so pissed off for ds. No child, anywhere, should have to beg for food- especially from a "parent". No child should be told no, they aren't going to get breakfast. I feel like ds's innocence has been broken. He's never had to beg for food. He's never been told no, he couldn't have a meal. guilty.gif

Another minor, yet stupid thing.... we were driving home today and ds suddenly said from the backseat "did you know that Santa is Matt's brother?". Ummm.... what? I asked him who told him that and he said "Matt". WTF?!? Why in the world are you telling ds that you are Santa's brother?!? I have protected ex for 7 years. Today was the end of that. I told ds that no, Santa was not Matt's brother. He said "but Matt told me he was". I told him "Well, Matt is lying to you. I don't know why Matt is lying to you but you can ask him that. You know that I always tell you the truth, and the truth is that Santa is not Matt's brother". DS was so sad that Matt lied to him, but I'm not going to let ex tell ds these crazy tales and back him up. Then when ds finds out ex is lying he'll think *I* was lying too. I've always told ds the truth and I don't intend to stop now.

#88 of 131 Old 12-12-2010, 09:50 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)

hopmad.gifhopmad.gifbawling.gif he is living with a wife and a one year old son. how can he STILL be sooooo heartless. dizzy.gif i just dont get people like him. 

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#89 of 131 Old 12-12-2010, 10:01 PM - Thread Starter

The fact his whole family was there and NOBODY fed Owen anything really gets to me. How can Chickadee, as a mother, let this child go hungry?!? I can't even imagine!

And I know ex feeds the baby because when I brought ds over there Saturday morning ex was feeding the 1 year old a bowl of cheerios. So, apparently, it's just okay to starve my child soapbox.gif

Minxie likes this.

#90 of 131 Old 12-12-2010, 10:14 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)

that's right. NOBODY!!!! 

do you think they might have offered O something and he refused? and so they are like - well we did our best but he refused to eat. 

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page