DD's father no longer wants to be financially responsible for her... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 11-12-2010, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was very shock yesterday to recieve a phone call from the place where my dd1 receives physical therapy.  The person told me that DD1's father called to remove himself from all financial responsibility.  He was "irrate" per the person who called me, "creating a stink in the office". 

So he can just call up and say he is no longer financially responsible...and then he can get away with it.  This is the same thing that happened with the counseling office, where my dd1 can no longer recieve counseling.

I just can't believe how IRRESPONSIBLE he is behaving!

Vegetarian Hindu, mother to L,P and R. 
#2 of 14 Old 11-12-2010, 12:58 PM

What does your custody order say about medical responsibility?  If he was ordered to pay her medical bills, he can't just not.  You can take him back to court.  I can kind of see how someone would not want to pay for counsilling.  But physical therapy?  That takes on a whole new level of life altering problems if the current problem isn't addressed/fixed.

#3 of 14 Old 11-12-2010, 04:58 PM

yeah. it's not his choice.
#4 of 14 Old 11-12-2010, 06:43 PM

It's completely not his choice.Take him back to court.

#5 of 14 Old 11-12-2010, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter

The PPP only says that we both have decision making rights unless we come to an empasse, then I have the right to make all decisions concerning health care, for non-emergency situations...which means every day care.

Also we have a pro-rated amount that we each have to pay after insurance pays all they will pay. 

There is no mention about him being able to "bail" out on being responsible.

Vegetarian Hindu, mother to L,P and R. 
#6 of 14 Old 11-12-2010, 10:42 PM

Is there any way you could get some sort of documentation from the doctors that would state your ex's decision to no longer pay for DD's services that you could use in court against him?  I'm so sorry, this guy never stops. :hug

#7 of 14 Old 11-13-2010, 01:50 AM

Which one of you carries her on insurance? From my understanding, the financially responsible party is the insurance carrier.
#8 of 14 Old 11-13-2010, 03:34 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

so this is his method of payback for her refusing to go over to his place!!!

"why should i pay for her when i dont get a chance to humiliate her"

its sad that we dont have legal recourse to fix this in a superfast manner. 

or that one is even 'allowed' to do this.

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#9 of 14 Old 11-13-2010, 06:40 AM

My ex did it. Even though he is court-ordered to pay 90% of dc's noncovered medical expenses, he simply refuses, and they will not allow us to continue services unless I pay. Ha, I'm lucky to pay my electric bill, I don't have any way to pay for "extras" (like PT for DD lol).

I brought certified copies of the court order to the office, didn't matter.

These guys are ridiculous.
#10 of 14 Old 11-13-2010, 07:01 AM

I'm with Kiki. My ex is ordered to pay half of all medical expenses and he simply doesn't. If I don't pay in full we don't get services. Court order means jack.

#11 of 14 Old 11-13-2010, 11:03 AM

Did the PT place agree to remove him?  I would take the custody order in and tell them that he is not allowed to remove himself from his responsibility of paying his portion and they cannot either.  They need to keep billing him and go after him for his portions of the payments.

#12 of 14 Old 11-15-2010, 10:50 AM

As a place of business though, I can't imagine they wouldn't tell her that disputes are between her and him and have nothing to do with them. It sucks but the burden can't be on a business like this to make parents abide by their court orders. The courts are the ones that need to step up and say "you don't get to do this".

#13 of 14 Old 11-15-2010, 01:23 PM

When someone is in violation of court orders, to get them enforced requires going back to court, and entering evidence that they are in violation.  Then you can request that liens be put on bank accounts, property, you can ask that it be taken out of paychecks, that tax returns get sent to you, etc.  The ONLY way to enforce it is to get a judge to do one of the above.  Sometimes they will revoke drivers licenses too.  It's not as simple as, "here is the court order, they have to do it" - enforcing court orders is a whole nother ball game.  It's worth it to have them enforced however.

#14 of 14 Old 11-15-2010, 01:33 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super~Single~Mama View Post

When someone is in violation of court orders, to get them enforced requires going back to court, and entering evidence that they are in violation.  Then you can request that liens be put on bank accounts, property, you can ask that it be taken out of paychecks, that tax returns get sent to you, etc.  The ONLY way to enforce it is to get a judge to do one of the above.  Sometimes they will revoke drivers licenses too.  It's not as simple as, "here is the court order, they have to do it" - enforcing court orders is a whole nother ball game.  It's worth it to have them enforced however.

Yeah, Jyotsana, don't let him get away with it. I don't think I'm the only one here who really wants to see this guy called to task for his behavior. Can you take him to court and have his wages garnished?

Mama to: Asterbanana.gif ,          Augustblueman.gif,              Emmett:nut.gif,              Ruthie: kiss.gif

Step mom to Malakiesuperhero.gif, Cameron af.gif, and Aurelia partytime.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page