Ex just filed a hearing for tomorrow - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 57 Old 12-07-2010, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

He scheduled the hearing for Thursday a.m. He left my lawyer a message at 8 p.m. saying this so she is going to add that as another count of contempt towards our sanctions hearings in January. Because he left it so late at night it technically isn't proper notice. But she still has to show for the hearing regardless because she said not going could lead to worse things. So now we have 6 counts against him.

I originally didn't say a word to the kids because I knew it would seriously upset them and because I knew I was going to fight it every step of the way and so I wouldn't have a definitive answer for them until the end. But then ex calls them and tells them he gets them for all of winter time and didn't I tell them this great news??!! Then they got really upset and were questioning me. I told them that as of now they were supposed to visit with their dad at xmas time but I wasn't completely sure of what was happeneing and that I would let them know asap. I didn't bring anything else up. Then their dad told them they were going to miss a bunch of school and be with him and they got way more upset. But then I won the appeal and told the kids everything was ok and they wouldn't miss any school and they would be home for xmas. But now this. I haven't told them anything but this isn't good. I am very angry ex told them anything and the emotional upheaval that I have to deal with is insane. It isn't fair at all to them. Or me. Geez.

I'll let you all know how it goes Thursday.

#32 of 57 Old 12-07-2010, 12:25 PM

OMG.  Just when it can't get any worse, it does.

Good luck Thursday, I hope things are OK.  You said that the judge who suspended the hearing based on the extenuating circumstances had said he would speak to the crazy judge?  I'm hoping he did, and let him know that the situation was NOT good for him, and that he was seriously abusing his power.

I'll be thinking about you. 

#33 of 57 Old 12-07-2010, 12:34 PM

Crazy judge has a peer to answer to now, so maybe he'll be reasonable.  How much energy does he really want to waste on ths during hs last week as a judge...really?

l hope your lawyer points out the legality of sending the kids to a halfway house for visitation and the legal issues surroundng his non-compliance wth batterer counseling.

Our children make a study of us in a way no one else ever will.  If we don't act according to our values, they will know.~Starhawk Rainbow.gif  New  User Agreement! http://www.mothering.com/community/wiki/user-agreement

#34 of 57 Old 12-07-2010, 01:02 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Any news? Silly question cause I know you will post as soon as you can. Thinking of you!

#35 of 57 Old 12-07-2010, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

It got pushed to Thursday and yes I will let you all know ASAP.

#36 of 57 Old 12-07-2010, 08:10 PM

Good luck again, Avani. stillheart.gif

I hope the judge sees through your X and his ridiculous behavior and requests.  I agree with smeep. Can it be requested or made known to the court in your case? I would love to have my X drug tested, because he hangs out with the party types, and I suspected him of using something in the past.

Mom to cat.gif Izzie and angel.gif Grey.
#37 of 57 Old 12-07-2010, 08:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

sheesh... sending praying.gif

mama to one '07 and one '09
#38 of 57 Old 12-08-2010, 03:40 PM

grouphug.gif  You will get through this.  Will pray for you between now and court.

#39 of 57 Old 12-08-2010, 04:07 PM

I have good hopes for you, Avani! 

He is indeed so ridiculous - he put his request over the top by demanding the whole shebang, with you transporting, etc.  He's not even trying to look reasonable.  Sending you positive thoughts!

#40 of 57 Old 12-08-2010, 06:58 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

you know the halfway house is not the issue. its everything that's happening there THAT is the issue.

please note many mamas recovering are living in halfway houses so intrinsincally they are not bad. children in shelters and halfway homes/houses are not a reason to take the children away.

in avani's case its different.

avani i really hope and pray the cycle of possible bribing, evil days are over and finally truth can make her appearance in all her glory. just wish it didnt have to be right before finals for crying out loud.

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#41 of 57 Old 12-08-2010, 08:40 PM

Sending good thoughts for tomorrow...
#42 of 57 Old 12-08-2010, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, I just now finished confering with my lawyer and getting things faxed to her. It sucks dragging my kids out into the dark, rainy weather and one of them has a fever just so I can get stuff faxed for my ex's lame "emergency" hearings. One of the declarations is my poor lawyer's voice mail's from my ex transcribed. Geez, I so do not miss his voice or his harrassing messages in his "I am so much better than everyone" tone. This is one of the messages from her voicemail

Hi Ms. *Lawyer*, I will be appearing ex parte on Tuesday morning at 8:30. I need to go before the judge and explain what it is you’ve done behind his back with another judge as well as request the order to have *Avani* drive the children down for Christmas break as he intended before you went to another judge while he was off. I will be appearing at 8:30 and it is 10:30 right now on Sunday night so I have given you more than twenty-four hour notice. Good-bye."  

ugh. then he leaves her two more messages that he is disregarding the fact that she can't appear for me due to her having two other hearings on Tuesday morning and he will still be showing that morning. So my lawyer calls the courthouse that morning (tuesday 9 a.m.), between her two other hearings at a totally different courthouse, and asked to speak to the judge about notifying my ex that she couldn't appear and to please reschedule...my ex never showed for the hearing. Then she gets a voicemail from my ex(tuesday 9:20 a.m.) that he is unable to appear on Tuesday a.m. and he will be appearing on Thursday a.m. and he expects her to clear her schedule because it is of the upmost importance that Judge *crazy* hear what we have done.

Good news is we have yet another sanction to add to the January case of him ordering ex partes and not appearing (we are at 6 counts).

I should know the results around 10 am California time.

#43 of 57 Old 12-09-2010, 02:16 AM

INSANE!

Jeebus!  Still praying for a good outcome in the morning. :goodvibes

#44 of 57 Old 12-09-2010, 03:11 AM

I'm praying for you. You are a wonder. IDK how you do all you do and still manage to find it in you to fight the good fight over and over and over again. Good luck today. You will be in my thoughts.

#45 of 57 Old 12-09-2010, 05:17 AM

Sending prayers, and positive thoughts out to you today. My gut feeling is that he is not going to show. Sure hope so.

#46 of 57 Old 12-09-2010, 06:01 AM

Ugh. Thinking of you today!

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#47 of 57 Old 12-09-2010, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter

My lawyer just texted me he is there and they are heading in now. Crazy judge is there too. My lawyer and I will prevail

#48 of 57 Old 12-09-2010, 08:56 AM

Will she be able to present the evidence about the arrest at his house?

#49 of 57 Old 12-09-2010, 08:58 AM

Thinking of you.  I'll check back later.

#50 of 57 Old 12-09-2010, 09:00 AM

I'm praying for good results! Is there any way to make this stop, or to even make him to pay for the lawyer? Can you request another judge? Are they even taking the mental health of you and the kids into consideration?

#51 of 57 Old 12-09-2010, 09:04 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

grouphug.gif

treehugger.gifearth.gifribbonwhite.gif Anne (31), single WOHM to Karen (5)ribbonyellow.gifshamrocksmile.giffambedsingle1.gifjoy.gif
#52 of 57 Old 12-09-2010, 09:29 AM

shamrocksmile.gif  Good luck. 

Our children make a study of us in a way no one else ever will.  If we don't act according to our values, they will know.~Starhawk Rainbow.gif  New  User Agreement! http://www.mothering.com/community/wiki/user-agreement

#53 of 57 Old 12-09-2010, 09:41 AM

Hoping everything goes well for you today!

#54 of 57 Old 12-09-2010, 09:53 AM

Thinking of you Avani.

#55 of 57 Old 12-09-2010, 10:14 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thinking of you, Avani!!! goodvibes.gif

- Emy . Single mom to DS nut.gif Ezra (15.12.05), angel2.gif Thames (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif Allora (11.02.11) and dog2.gif Hoppylactivist.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  waterbirth.jpg fambedsingle2.gif bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#56 of 57 Old 12-09-2010, 11:53 AM

Thinking of you mama!!

Full time working mom to two bright and busy little girls! treehugger.gif
#57 of 57 Old 12-09-2010, 12:22 PM

Peace.gif  You will prevail!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page