New update - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 85 Old 12-18-2010, 05:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Please let us know when you find out that they arrived safely.  I sincerely hope that they are all OK over break. 

#62 of 85 Old 12-18-2010, 06:09 PM

Ugh! As if,  had you that sort of power, you would waste it breaking his car when you could use it to make him a great dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avani View Post

Thanks for asking about me. I have to go drop the kids off at the police station in an hour. His car broke down on the way here so the time was extended. He actually blamed me for the breakdown. No joke, via text. My heart just breaks, they are all crying and upset and I keep telling them they will have fun and they will see me soon but they just dont want to go. which breaks my heart more. ugh. I just need to get through this 12 days and it will be ok. There is a massive winter storm hitting here now which doesn't help my fears as he drives them down there 14 hours straight. It will pass, it will pass. Oh, I got the phone with GPS tracking so at least I can always see where they are! I get them back on dec 30.

#63 of 85 Old 12-18-2010, 07:35 PM

Seriously.  What an angry little man.  But I'm just glad it happened before he picked up the kids, not while they were in the car.  The GPS tracking - what a blessing that is - smart!  At least the kids are together.  I would imagine it's the transition day (today) that's the hardest - probably each day will get a little easier on them and one day closer to home again.  Not ideal, I know.  I don't get why he doesn't plan to stay in a hotel (money, of course I'm sure, but he should have factored that in!), or take Amtrak, or something!  But at least the next time they take that trip it'll be home to you. 

It was facing the idea of sending my child overnight with someone I couldn't trust at all that sent me into the worst anxiety, and I asked the dr. for medication for that - I'd never been a "medication" type of person - at first I was given an anti-depressant which was totally the wrong thing for me personally - but eventually given something just for anxiety - a very low dosage.  I have to say that while it may not be for everyone, it HAS helped and it hasn't been addictive (either I don't take that much or not regularly enough or it's just not addictive) - just to know it's there, when my brain's been in knots of worry about things I can't control, has been helpful for me.

However you handle it, at least they're getting the visit over with now.  Hang in there! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklefairy View Post

Ugh! As if,  had you that sort of power, you would waste it breaking his car when you could use it to make him a great dad.

Quote:

Thanks for asking about me. I have to go drop the kids off at the police station in an hour. His car broke down on the way here so the time was extended. He actually blamed me for the breakdown. No joke, via text. My heart just breaks, they are all crying and upset and I keep telling them they will have fun and they will see me soon but they just dont want to go. which breaks my heart more. ugh. I just need to get through this 12 days and it will be ok. There is a massive winter storm hitting here now which doesn't help my fears as he drives them down there 14 hours straight. It will pass, it will pass. Oh, I got the phone with GPS tracking so at least I can always see where they are! I get them back on dec 30.

#64 of 85 Old 12-18-2010, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter

A lot of distraction and self soothing that's for sure. I see my therapist on Wednesday so hopefully that will be a good session. I did have a margarita with a friend after the drop off so I guess that was my anxiety meds. I would totally consider something like that but I don't have health insurance.

I'm telling myself I will do a massive cleaning of the house and hopefully the baby will keep me busy enough.

Anyone here wanna be facebook friends? I would love to network a bit with some of you who are so supportive and awesome. I don't spend a ton of time on there but do check in. You can PM me for an exchange of info.

#65 of 85 Old 12-19-2010, 03:54 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

My thoughts are with you!  I can not imagine how your dealing with being away from your children over the holidays. Mine are with their dad for 4 days until tuesday and I'm really not enjoying it. I'll inbox my email so if you want to chat on FB you can!

#66 of 85 Old 12-19-2010, 07:56 PM

How are you holding up?  

#67 of 85 Old 12-20-2010, 03:13 PM

Thinking of you and the kids often I hope you are all well. hug2.gif

#68 of 85 Old 12-30-2010, 04:29 PM

I was thinking your kids were supposed to be back today. Hoping and praying they got home safely.

#69 of 85 Old 12-30-2010, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

Well I am supposed to pick them up in an hour. My ex hasn't allowed me to speak to the kids in days and their phone has been shut off. So I will be at the police station in an hour and I pray they are too.

#70 of 85 Old 12-30-2010, 05:16 PM

I am impatiently waiting for an update. I hope you are cuddling your kids right now.

Single mom to E (2004) and D (2010)
#71 of 85 Old 12-30-2010, 07:15 PM

I don't belong in this forum, but I once came to this thread from the main page and have been following it since. I've been thinking about you throughout the holiday and your kids' time away from you and now am on tenterhooks hoping everything is OK. Please let us know when your children are safely home with you.

DS1: 2/02 ROTFLMAO.gif DD: 9/04 blahblah.gif DS2: 9/07jog.gif and EDD: 11/13 belly.gif

#72 of 85 Old 12-30-2010, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter

They are home. Totally starving, sore, exhausted and full of interesting stories. Thanks everyone I'm going to veg out and cuddle with my babies

elanorh likes this.
#73 of 85 Old 12-30-2010, 07:44 PM

Oh thank god they're home safe!!  I've been praying for you (and them!) and continue to pray that 2011 brings you peace and blessings.

#74 of 85 Old 12-30-2010, 08:46 PM

Yea! I had to check before heading to bed. Glad  they are home.

#75 of 85 Old 12-30-2010, 09:02 PM

I'm glad they are home with you.  I hope they are ok mentally and physically.  They'll remember this as adults.  Praying for a smarter judge in February.

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#76 of 85 Old 12-30-2010, 09:06 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

joy.gif joy.gif yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#77 of 85 Old 12-31-2010, 06:22 AM

OMG, I am so relieved that they are HOME!!!  I hope they are ok, and not in too bad a shape.  Give them lots of cuddles for all of us - at least for me! I've been thinking about you!!

#78 of 85 Old 12-31-2010, 09:59 AM

Oh! What a relief! I'm so glad they're home and safe and you get to cuddle them again! Enjoy them!!!

DS1: 2/02 ROTFLMAO.gif DD: 9/04 blahblah.gif DS2: 9/07jog.gif and EDD: 11/13 belly.gif

#79 of 85 Old 12-31-2010, 10:13 AM

What a relief! Can't wait to hear what went down out there...

#80 of 85 Old 12-31-2010, 11:18 AM

Glad they are home safe!

Melissa Wife To James & Mama to Christopher Michael- 6/03 ,Ella Cheyenne- 10/09 & Xander Ryan James- 9/10 :
#81 of 85 Old 12-31-2010, 11:23 AM

Yeee Hawww!

What a great beginning to what I pray is a much better New Year!

So glad they are home safe!

M

#82 of 85 Old 12-31-2010, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Phew! What a relief! Here's to a new year, with a new judge! champagne.gif

Mama to: Asterbanana.gif ,          Augustblueman.gif,              Emmett:nut.gif,              Ruthie: kiss.gif

Step mom to Malakiesuperhero.gif, Cameron af.gif, and Aurelia partytime.gif
#83 of 85 Old 12-31-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:

They are home. Totally starving, sore, exhausted and full of interesting stories. Thanks everyone I'm going to veg out and cuddle with my babies

Avani enjoy every second of it joy.gif

#84 of 85 Old 12-31-2010, 01:58 PM

I'm so glad to hear that they're home! Feed them, snuggle them, love them.

Fill us in later.

#85 of 85 Old 01-01-2011, 12:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

hug.gif

So glad to hear they're home again and safe!!! I hope they never, EVER have to see him again...ever.

Take care of your babies and yourself. 

- Emy . Single mom to DS nut.gif Ezra (15.12.05), angel2.gif Thames (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif Allora (11.02.11) and dog2.gif Hoppylactivist.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  waterbirth.jpg fambedsingle2.gif bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page