StephandOwen - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 12-30-2010, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Steph I hope you and Jason are enjoying youre warm Virgin Islands holiday worry free.

New_Natural_Mom likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 12-30-2010, 12:08 PM

Me too!!!!!  I can't wait to see pictures!!!

#3 of 15 Old 12-30-2010, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

only two more days and you will be mrs Stephjoy.gif

hope O is having a blast with Gpa

and hope ex lays down low. 

and yes, yes, YES.... pictures please. did they leave today? 

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#4 of 15 Old 12-31-2010, 05:44 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

oh, yes!! I don't know the time difference, but I'm guessing it's less than a day until your wedding. Sending so much love and happiness to you two.

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
#5 of 15 Old 01-01-2011, 12:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

CONGRATS ON YOUR WEDDING DAY TODAY!!!!! champagne.gif

- Emy . Single mom to DS nut.gif Ezra (15.12.05), angel2.gif Thames (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif Allora (11.02.11) and dog2.gif Hoppylactivist.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  waterbirth.jpg fambedsingle2.gif bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#6 of 15 Old 01-01-2011, 01:47 PM

Congratulations on being married!  I hope the day is wonderful and the entire trip makes an incredible memory for both of you.

#7 of 15 Old 01-02-2011, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

champagne.gifCongratulations Steph and Jason champagne.gif

#8 of 15 Old 01-02-2011, 07:06 PM

Congratulations! May you all have many, many happy years together!

#9 of 15 Old 01-03-2011, 12:59 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Mazel tov!

#10 of 15 Old 01-06-2011, 07:15 PM

Awwww...... thanks guys! I just saw this as I was trying to catch up on everyone from the last couple weeks.

It's amazing to think I started out on this board all those years ago as a young single mama. Now I'm a grown up (lol.gif) who is married. How did that happen?!? dizzy.gif I owe a lot of it to you ladies, especially the "oldies", who kept me sane way back then. I hope nobody minds if I stick around, even though I am no longer a single parent. I just can't seem to leave you all grouphug.gif

As for the wedding/honeymoon..... it was AMAZING! Seriously, never would have imagined it being as perfect as it was. Well worth the wait winky.gif The weather was wonderful- 75-80 degrees every day. Most days there was a brief rain shower (maybe 5 minutes) but other than that it was sunny and warm. The only day it really poured was the day after our wedding.... right as we were in the water snorkeling it was pouring rain! LOL! We still had a blast though!

The morning of our wedding we got up and went to one of the restaurants at the resort. It was called Windows on the Harbor. Exactly as the name states- it has a wall full of windows looking out onto the harbor ;) That morning we had a table right at a window with a perfect view of the harbor. After we got our food (buffet breakfast) and sat down we noticed a bright beautiful rainbow right on the harbor in front of us. It was too cool! We were joking around about it being a sign and just like that it vanished. I made a comment about "maybe it was a sign for you to run now!". DP laughed and said no way and as we looked back the rainbow was back! DP said "nope, that's definitely a positive sign and not a run away sign". orngbiggrin.gif Funny enough, the morning after our wedding we got up and ate at the same restaurant. Again, there was a rainbow right in front of us (very brief that time- as soon as we pointed it out to the waitress the rainbow disappeared! Almost as if it was meant for just us alone). Those were the only 2 days we saw a rainbow at breakfast (we ate breakfast at that restaurant every day). love.gif

The actual wedding was absolutely perfect for us. It was us, the officiant, photographer, his wife (husband and wife team- they both were taking pictures) and the videographer. And some chickens (there are wild chickens that run all over the island). And a little ways down the beach there was a lifeguard (but nobody else around so we later learned the lifeguard was watching us. LOL). Farther down the beach there was actually another wedding going on at the same time. They were also a wedding with just the bride and groom, but apparently all the tourists wanted to go over there so their area was crowded, where ours was completely ours alone. The weather was absolutely perfect (though the officiant complained of it being cold! LOL! They all said that the week we were there was "some of the worst weather we've seen this time of the year".... uhhh.... I'll take their "worst weather" any day!). The water was beautiful, the sky was so blue. We had a regular ceremony as well as a sand ceremony. Both went perfectly. Jason and I had such a great time. We wouldn't have had nearly as much fun if we had the big formal wedding (that's just not us at all). After the ceremony we went back to the hotel, I changed into a different dress and then we went out to get some lunch. After that we went back to the hotel and hung out and then NAPPED. Yes, we NAPPED! I haven't had a nap in years. LOL! We had made reservations at one of the nicest restaurants on the island for dinner and it was absolutely perfect as well. We had so much good food while on the island, I'm sure I gained 10 pounds. LOL!

While on the islands we hung out on the beach a lot, took a tour of St. Thomas (the island we stayed on), did a half day sail with snorkeling, took a ferry to St. John for the day (that was the day we met with our photographer for the casual pictures that I posted), walked around the island a lot exploring, did a little (or a lot blush.gif) of rum tasting (rum is HUGE down there). The view from our hotel room was fantastic as well. We had a balcony that directly overlooked the harbor.

The only snag in the whole trip was the plane ride back. Our first plane was supposed to leave St. Thomas at 4:55pm. We should have had a 1ish hour layover in Florida before going back to Detroit. However, after we boarded the plane in St. Thomas they made an announcement that the Vice President was there and wanted to leave. No other planes can be in the sky at the same time so they ended up shutting down the airport..... but wouldn't let us off the plane. Not cool. We ended up sitting on the plane for almost 2 hours before we were allowed to take off. Remember- we only had a 1 hour layover in Detroit. Again- not cool. The flight attendants were not very positive about the chances of us catching our plane and basically said we'd have to camp out in the Florida airport until we can get another flight (there were no other flights to Detroit until the following day). However, as we were landing in Florida the pilot made an announcement that we (dh and I, since we were the only ones needing to get on the Detroit flight) needed to get off the plane NOW and run to the other gate because they held the plane for us! Woo! As we were getting off the plane we could hear them making an announcement on the overhead thing telling us to get to the gate immediately. LOL! But, we made it! We ended up getting back to my dad's house a little after 2am. We were so exhausted but, of course, we had to wake up ds to tell him we were back love.gif DS was so thrilled. I haven't seen him that happy in a long time. He clung onto me the rest of the night and went between staying awake and telling me everything in the world (most of it was echolalia- commercials he had heard on tv) but every once in awhile he told me something in his own words. And just as I would drift off to sleep he would ask "did you hear me mama?" and I would have to respond. LOL! Needless to say, I got almost no sleep that night. But I loved every minute of it thumb.gif

The biggest hurdle for ds is he had a hard time adjusting to the differences between home and being at Grandpa's house. Grandpa had different rules and routines and stuff. Owen rebelled by controlling the only thing he has power over- food. He's always had food issues (and is in feeding therapy) but he started dropping foods (stopped eating them). He only has a handful of foods he eats so this was pretty concerning. By the end of the week he was only eating like 3 different foods. Thankfully once we got him home he started eating a few more. We will have to work hard in the next little bit to get him eating food again, but he'll be okay.

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#11 of 15 Old 01-06-2011, 07:50 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

love.gif love.gif love.gif love.gif love.gif

well you have 11s and 1s and 7s in your 'new' siggie.

all special numbers!!!!

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#12 of 15 Old 01-07-2011, 06:40 AM

HI Steph, I am a long time lurker who has been following your story for years now.  I just want say congratulations.  I am so glad you had such a fantastic wedding.

#13 of 15 Old 01-08-2011, 03:19 PM

Sooooooooo Happy For You and Your Family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

"There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way and not starting." - Buddha.
#14 of 15 Old 01-09-2011, 08:04 AM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)

Yay! Congrats!

Living happily and embracing adventures.
#15 of 15 Old 01-09-2011, 08:13 AM

Me too!  Congratulations and all blessings on you and your house and family! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page