going to court- child support issue - Mothering Forums

Thread Tools
#1 of 1 Old 01-28-2011, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter
ryder's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: missing the mtns
Posts: 233
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My ex  quit paying child support about 2 years ago. He would give a little here or there but not on a regular basis.. So, I went to DCFS to have them garnish his wages and basically document his nonpayment. I filed with them in July (Aug. 7 was the deadline for filing if the state was going to withhold 2010 tax returns). He has not paid yet- apparently he quit working but now goes to school full time.  His driver's liscense will be suspended Feb. 9. I got a letter saying that I have to be in court March 2 about his nonpayment. I don't have a lawyer. Do I need one? Has anyone BTDT? I just don't know what to expect.


ryder is offline  

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Online Users: 12,656

22 members and 12,634 guests
9z3mazawc@moakt.ws , broodymama , cfaokunla , ChasingLittleFeesers , Deborah , emmy526 , Fluffer , gizzypeach , hillymum , kathymuggle , Maxine45 , Mirzam , moominmamma , NaturallyKait , Rikki Jean , rocatalicia , RollerCoasterMama , samaxtics , sren , transylvania_mom , unityco , worthy
Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.