Terminating Rights and Adoption in TEXAS - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-31-2011, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My daughters' sperm donor and I split when I was 6 months pregnant, he was abusive, a compulsive liar, and cheated on me while I was pregnant and I got an STI. He was there when she was born, it took him 3 weeks to sign birth certificate. He saw her when she was 3 months again, then we went to child support, he saw her the first 7 months of her LIFE then he disappeared. He hasnt given me child support since then. Attorney General hasn't found him since 01/2008. He got a friend of mine (the girl he cheated on me with pregnant) and her son was born on 08/08. He hasn't seen him either since he was born. Recently he got a hold of her and wants to see her son that is now 2 yrs old. I have since then been married since 07/2008 and have a son with my husband. We want my husband to adopt my daughter, we have gotten mixed reactions from attorneys. WE are scared because my daughter doesn't know her sperm donor (she is now 4) . He is a convicted felon and is a compulssive liar.  called Attorney General and they said if he shows up i have to let him see her or take her whatever the court order says. My local police department says that they cant force me unless a judge orders me... I'm currently a student and my husband is the only source of income so I don't want to pay an attorney to do something he cant do. Any advice/help is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2011, 05:27 PM

Do you know how to contact him? If not Texas law allows notification by newspaper, which he probably won't see. Then you would file a petition with the court to terminate his rights, this can be done at the same time as the petition for adoption.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

No, I have no way to contact him. No one can find him not even attorney general.

User Tag List