are there truly laws in KY governing opposite sex children from sleeping in the same bedroom??? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 02-06-2011, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i think this is pure BS but want to confront someone on what i think is pathological lying...  the girl (step daughter) is 7 & boy is 4 (step son). he says they have to have separate bedrooms by the kentucky law...  ?!?!?!?eyesroll.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 02-06-2011, 11:52 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I don't know about KY specifically, but in a lot of states (most? all?) they have requirements if the family is receiving housing assistance.  Not otherwise.  I'm in OH and I don't get housing assistance, but I do live in a complex with upper and lower income requirements.  With a boy and a girl, I had my choice between the 2 bd and the 3 bd.  They don't give a hoot if I want my boy and girl in the same room.  In the complex right across the street, that is income based (rent is lowered to fit your income), I would have HAD to have a 3 bd based on the boy/girl rule.

#3 of 3 Old 02-06-2011, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)

I think the answer is there are no such laws for biological children but if CPS are called in because of suspected  abuse then seperate bedrooms would be good for older children (10 and up?)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page