Update on court for those not in the private forum.. - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 42 Old 05-02-2011, 11:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

What a great update!  Thanks for keeping nosy lurkers like me updated ;) 

lotusdebi likes this.

Wife to a great DH, SAHM to 3 great kids
#32 of 42 Old 05-03-2011, 09:38 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

I am so so glad to read this outcome. 

#33 of 42 Old 05-05-2011, 08:15 PM

Your story inspires....

Mom to two terrific kiddos, affirming every day that the Universe is unfolding as it should and all is well...

#34 of 42 Old 05-06-2011, 11:40 AM

What wonderful news!

#35 of 42 Old 05-07-2011, 02:35 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

jaw.gifhe starved them for a weekend! i mean yeah i have heard of that starve the flu - but with children?jaw2.gif

and he was talking about sober living facilities.

and so he was the victim?!!!

to say i am glad that the judge further saw reason is an understatement.

i wonder too like pp what happened to the previous judge from whom you transfered the case. i mean just ur verdict should be seen as enough reason to question the previous judge.

you go avani!!!! and i hope you start finally seeing some of that CS.

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#36 of 42 Old 05-07-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by number572 View Post

Just want to add that, even though this mama has been successful in protecting her kids from their unstable and harmful father, the kids will still be losing their dad.  In reality it just isn't as sweet as it seems.  The OP's kids lost their dad.  And the OP is still going to have a lot of emotional trauma to handle over the next many years.

Sometimes "losing" a parent can be a huge gain.  Obviously this isn't a fairy tale situation, but these kids will be a billion times better off not being parented by this man.  I don't think we need to rain on that parade. 

bluebackpacks likes this.
#37 of 42 Old 05-07-2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by APToddlerMama View Post

Sometimes "losing" a parent can be a huge gain.  Obviously this isn't a fairy tale situation, but these kids will be a billion times better off not being parented by this man.  I don't think we need to rain on that parade. 

Amen to that! 

They're not losing a "dad"  -  this person was not a dad to them.  They're only losing an abuser.  Who starved them, and frightened them many times over.  Who did not put their best interests first. 

So no, there is no loss here.  No loss they didn't already have. 

#38 of 42 Old 05-07-2011, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by APToddlerMama View Post

Yes you're right, I'm not trying to rain on any parades.  I tried to explain better what I meant in a second post, but its still not coming out alright.  I guess just reading thru so many posts that sounded like "yay, its over" I had flashbacks of how getting away from the awful weekends from my dad, still didn't bring much peace, even though it was nice not to get upset and scared and etc etc.  I feel like a jerk for saying anything at all on this thread.  My first post was a knee jerk reaction and I posted.  I'm not a single mom fighting with an abusive ex, so I have no right to say anything at all here, and I shouldn't have.  I wish I could take back my post.  And I have told Avani that I'm inspired and proud of her standing up for her kids.  They are a bazillion times better since she is saving them from danger and more awful memories.  How I related to this situation was as one of the kids... so, I posted from that perspective, and with empathy toward Avani, in that she probably already knows that this trip down an emotional road with her kids may be far from over.  It is odd, but many kids whose parent is abusive, will still stand up for them and create a better parent in their mind, than how the abusive parent actually is.  I don't know... I guess my heart just breaks for Avani all around.  Yes, I'm glad her kids are safe from this man, but I'm sad for her that it happened at all.  And for any pain that she and her kids still have ahead b'c of him.  Again, I'm sorry that I posted anything but "great news!", it was a knee jerk response that I can't take back now.  I'm rambling b'c I don't know how to fix this.

Avani, I'm sorry for bringing anything less than celebratory to your thread.  :(   I am really happy for this progress and am proud of you.

"When the external begins to define the internal, instead of the internal defining the external, one begins living as a mortal rather than as a universal being." ~ unknown
#39 of 42 Old 05-07-2011, 06:51 PM

My heart goes out to you and your children.

M

#40 of 42 Old 05-08-2011, 06:54 PM

I'm so happy things worked out for your family!  You are an awesome and strong mama to keep fighting like that. bow2.gif

love.gif

#41 of 42 Old 05-08-2011, 07:25 PM

I'm not active on MDC much at all, but I've often come back and searched for an update. This just made my  mother's day.

hh2.gif

#42 of 42 Old 05-09-2011, 05:05 PM

Yay Avani!!

Tags
Child Custody Legal Decisions And Family Outcomes , Child Custody Guide Everything You Need To Know , Remedial And Surrogate Parenting In The Custodial Arena

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page