The 10 Best Places for Single Moms to Live? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-08-2011, 06:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

“What is evil? Killing is evil, lying is evil, slandering is evil, abuse is evil, gossip is evil: envy is evil, hatred is evil, to cling to false doctrine is evil; all these things are evil. And what is the root of evil? Desire is the root of evil, illusion is the root of evil.”
- Buddha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 05-08-2011, 11:24 AM

I wish there was a list for Canada!

Once I am finished school I would like to find a job in the city my mom lives in.  I think having the extra help will make that the best city for me to live in!  :D

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#3 of 5 Old 05-08-2011, 03:19 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I think the best city for a single momma is the one where her community support is - be it family or friends. Sure, good job choices and a good cost of living is important but what is MOST important when you are raising kids on your own is having really great human support around you. Money helps you buy support but it's not the same as having lots of people around you who love you & your kids.

I'm in CA and their two choices here (Fresno and Bakersfield) would never, ever be ones I would choose. They might be going off of violent crime rates but I am pretty sure that the petty crime in those areas and the general financial and social depression in both areas is quite high.

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
#4 of 5 Old 05-08-2011, 07:12 PM

I am wondering about this report.  I have just moved from Florida and it is really hard to find work in both the areas that they indicated. 

Although, Ft. Myers and Port St. Lucie both had a HUGE housing bust so homebuying is extremely affordable in those areas.  My father purchased a home in Port St. Lucie for 65k, huge house with a giant yard in a great neighborhood...

"Breastfeeding is a robust, biologically stable activity so central to our evolutionary identity that it names the class of animals to which we belong" (Breastfeeding Atlas, Third Edition)
#5 of 5 Old 05-09-2011, 08:37 PM - Thread Starter

“What is evil? Killing is evil, lying is evil, slandering is evil, abuse is evil, gossip is evil: envy is evil, hatred is evil, to cling to false doctrine is evil; all these things are evil. And what is the root of evil? Desire is the root of evil, illusion is the root of evil.”
- Buddha

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page