He got away with it again!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-10-2011, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am quite po'd right now.Yesterday we had court for cs.Exh owes about $20,000.He hasn't paid in 3 YEARS.We've been going to court about every 2 months.At the last few court dates,they keep telling him that he is going to jail if he does not get a job and start making payments.Still no job,I doubt he's even looking very hard.He's an alcoholic who finally got a place to stay(his family finally stepped in and now he lives with his brother).He gets drunk very often,I've had to get a restraining order since he would come to my door and just bang and bang for hours,yelling threats,trying to break in.I dropped the restraing order since he had left us alone for 3 weeks,and at the time was homeless and couldn't be served.Anyway.At the last court date they ordered him to attend a job placement program,and get some sort of treatment,and he needed proof of this by yesterday.Well we get into court,his lawyer said he'd be there for 10am,shows up at 12pm.Instead of going in front of the judge,we go into a little room with a lawyer for the state.I told them he's still getting drunk,not really looking for a job,not doing the things he was ordered to do.He had no proof that he had done these things.They didn't care!They let him go until June 30th.They told him this time he will go to jail if no payments have been made.They said the same thing the last 4 court dates!Wtf?I also think it's unfair that he gets a lawyer and I do not.No one seems to care about the kids!I even asked to go in front of the judge,and they wouldn't let me!It's just not right!hopmad.gifAll the other cases went in front of the judge!Parents who owed less than exh were getting sentences to the ACI,but the judge would stay the sentence,if payments were made on time,the parent would not go to jail at the next court date.He had already done this with exh!He should have gone to the ACI this time.He's got to dry out and grow up and get a job.What can I do?!?Thanks for reading and any advice you can offer.

Student mama to one awesome,talented and unique dd,15 and one amazing, sweet and strong ds,12(born with heart defect Tetralogy of Fallot,also on the autism spectrum),9 cats,and 2 gerbils.
#2 of 5 Old 05-10-2011, 01:14 PM

hugs mama!

#3 of 5 Old 05-10-2011, 04:32 PM

I sympathize! I totally feel like the court is against me at times too. Anyhow, hang in there and take care!

#4 of 5 Old 05-10-2011, 09:18 PM

First, big hug.  Second, get ready for the June hearing....  Third, some law schools have clinics where students can represent you for no cost.  Perhaps that might help?

Mom to two terrific kiddos, affirming every day that the Universe is unfolding as it should and all is well...

#5 of 5 Old 05-12-2011, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you!I am going to call legal aid and see if they will help.Today he was picked up on a cs warrant,but they let him go right away!I guess it was a mistake,but maybe we were supposed to go in front of the judge.I am so frustrated.

Student mama to one awesome,talented and unique dd,15 and one amazing, sweet and strong ds,12(born with heart defect Tetralogy of Fallot,also on the autism spectrum),9 cats,and 2 gerbils.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page