I have a problem child that my brother wnt custody of - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-02-2011, 08:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

ok guys and girls i have a serious problem here so read good and i need HELP ASAP... 1st off i live in tx and by law im married (legally) i have 4 kids (single) yes is said i'm married but my husband and i been seperated after marriage 8years ago so he never been with our 2kids (drug problem) him not me.... Anyway, our oldest son Nyko is a problem child always goin to school getting in trouble lying,stealing,begging going to school with the same clothes on acting like our electric is off having ppl think like i dont feed him cps came school called telling me to come get a check to turn my electric on (IT WAS NEVER OFF).... losing my job making us homeless 4 times vandalizing buildings the list goes on and on.... well i know by law the kids will go to my husband i let my son go with his dad 4 6 mo i took my son off my case he didnt have medicaid,fs,or tanf cause my brother and sister called my po and tried to get me violated cause my brother wanted my son and didnt want my son to go to his dad due to the daddy being a x crack head... (still his dad) now, my brother has my son and wnt full custody of him what can i do cause we cant do anything til i get in contact with my husband.... Right????? he basically saying ASAP and he not waiting all day or he gonna go to drastic measures thats good for me did i tell yall me and my brother dont get along? If i call cps and give my son up will they take my other 3kids?   A SINGLE MOM WITH A PROBLEM CHILD THATS TRYING TO GET HIM ON THE RIGHT TRACK AND NOT BE ANOTHER BLACK MAN AND STATISTIC....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2011, 11:32 PM

Please don't take offense, but I am having a really hard time understanding and getting through your post. You might consider using the edit button to add periods and paragraphs. It would help break up the stream of words and you'll get more responses.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:13 AM

I want to say it could be a "troll".   ;-)

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

Old 06-03-2011, 07:45 AM
Banned

Troll or not, it's way beyond the scope of a message board, oy.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:59 AM

You said that you don't get along with your brother.  Why is that?  Can he be a solid role model?  I'm not sure why you'd need to discuss custody of him with cps. Is that not something that can be worked out between your brother and yourself? 

Our children make a study of us in a way no one else ever will.  If we don't act according to our values, they will know.~Starhawk Rainbow.gif  New  User Agreement! http://www.mothering.com/community/wiki/user-agreement

Old 06-04-2011, 08:38 AM

dizzy.gif All I have to say is that you are terribly mistaken if you think giving your son to his crack head daddy is going to get him on the "right track".

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

Old 06-05-2011, 05:46 PM

Maybe you should let your brother keep him for awhile.

First-time mama due on Dec 3rd 2009!
Update: Baby girl born Nov 19th!
Old 06-05-2011, 06:42 PM

Tiredofdabs, if you're still reading (which I hope you are), here are my thoughts.

1) You need to find someone to advocate for you AND your son. A social worker, a behavioral therapist, someone. If you have any contacts for support like that through his school, start there. If not, call 311 if you're in a major city and ask for local counseling resources. Or look in the yellow pages or even just on google. If you have any connection to a church you could also try asking there to see if they have information or offer any type of advocate or resource service. If your son receives medicaid still there should also be case counselors/advocates available through your medicaid plan or try calling the Texas Medicaid number at (800) 252-8263. If you ask to speak with an advocate they should be able to at least guide you toward some services that might be helpful. 

2) Call any and all psychologists or psychotherapists that are covered under your son's medicaid plan and get him an appointment with someone ASAP. If you are in Houston, send me a private message.

3) Keep any documentation you have about any of the events you described in your post (e.g. the electricity never having been turned off). 

4) Look at this website for information on legal help if you need any legal advice: http://www.texaslawhelp.org/TX/index.cfm

5) If you think your brother might be a good influence on your son, talk to a lawyer and find out what the legal issues would be with letting your son stay with brother. I think you could do this unofficially without much of an issue but if you try to sign over parental rights or custody you would have to deal with your husband's parental rights too. Could your son stay with your brother for 3 months as a trial to see if he does better? 

How old is your son? 

I hope some of this information is helpful! Good for you for trying to get your son the help he needs. Don't feel discouraged by any negative responses on here, asking for help is the first step and it's hard to do. Let me know if you need any other information. 

Old 06-05-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix~Mama View Post

I want to say it could be a "troll".   ;-)

I second that!

Happy at Home Mama to DD 4/95 DS 4/98 and DS#2 8/10  femalesling.GIF        h20homebirth.gif       sewmachine.gif

http://www.etsy.com/shop/motherhendoula

Old 06-05-2011, 07:01 PM

I think letting him stay with your brother sounds good.  Even if you two don't get along, he might be a good backup parent.  

I don't know what CPS will do, but I don't THINK they will take the other kids away from you if your other kids are doing fine at home.  It's not like CPS has millions of homes waiting for foster kids, I think they want to keep families together as much as possible.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:39 PM - Thread Starter

thank u for all that posted sumthing that made sense.my bro n I dont getn along becuz I have a smart ass mouth na tell it like it is. petty I know. I used to have proof but we moved so many times that I took what was important and threw everything else in the trash.I really dont know where to start with my son n his problems.but it came to at age 4 at school (adhd) then my mom passed away, then my x bf over drafted our account and it went down hill from there.my son is 12 he bullies his sisters and bro, he tried to hit me once,(cps was involved) cuz i dont play kids beating they moms.when my son was with his dad her did jus good but my son blames himself for having his dad back on drugs.I'm open for anything to save my can't cause right now I can't stand him 4 long periods of time. its always easy for someone to talk shit about someone who isn't going through what someone else is going through.God had always ben with me and I think this is just a trial and we will come out.I cann write a book with my life. really, my son has no real role models, but this is the only person who had the time to be with my son. all my son had was women in his life. my other kids has a lil bit of there bro set backs but they are 9, 5, 4 I'm working on them as we speak.continue ur prayers.sorry bout the punctuations my mind is bad gotta type before I forget.

User Tag List