for a friend - any experience w/cs and/or arrest warrant across state lines? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-03-2011, 10:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone - I hope this is ok to post here.  I'm not a single parent, but a friend is and her ex is a total UAV.

LONG story short - he owes huge amounts of back cs and rarely pays current cs on time.  We live in AZ, he doesn't - in AZ there is an arrest warrant for nonpayment - so he's effectively unable to see the kids.  She's stuck waiting on him every month to send the money he owes, because there is no wage garnishment.

So, 2 questions -

1. - Is there any (easy) way to get the arrest warrant transferred from AZ to CO, where he is?  She's broke and has NO money for attorneys, though she may have family support/funding if necessary.

2. - He won't tell her where he works, so she's not able to get the wages garnished---any ideas on how to find out this info?  

Michelle -mom to Katlyn 4/00 , Jake 3/02, and Seth 5/04
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2011, 10:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I actually have experience with Colorado ... but they weren't much help.  The warrant won't transfer unless it's reached felony status (usually 10K in arrears).  That's normal for any state.  My state still collects the support, but Colorado is involved with enforcement; however, CO won't do anything until the NCP is late there.  For example, my support order got transferred over there on 4/6.  Ex was making ridiculously small payments, but CO couldn't do anything until he was "late" there - until 5/6 rolled around and he hadn't paid the full amount for April. 

She needs to keep in contact with the Friend of the Court/Domestics in AZ.  Quarterly new hire reporting will catch up with him if he's working a legit job.  I've also had luck with calling every company in ex's field where he was living until somebody slipped and said he worked there; guilt tripping his mother, and Googling crap I saw on his Facebook.  I didn't say why I was calling the companies, just that I was "trying to verify employment."  I then sent that info to the Friend of the Court and they took over. 

DD 2/08
Old 06-26-2011, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks for the info - sorry it's taken so long to reply, I was visiting family.  This is great help - I'm hoping she can get what she needs from him. He's jerking her around, money wise - he says it's an overseas job, but who knows.

Michelle -mom to Katlyn 4/00 , Jake 3/02, and Seth 5/04

User Tag List