Update - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 06-07-2011, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just an update

from this post:  http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1123246/dh-told-me-yesterday-he-s-moving-out

to let you all know we reconciled the first week in January, after 1 year and 5 month physical separation.  We have been together 5 months now and things are going very well.  We have worked through a lot of issues, are seeing a marriage therapist on a very regular basis, and get out without the kids at least every weekend and usually for a few hours on a weeknight as well.  The kids are so happy and doing well.

We never got lawyers involved, we never burned any bridges, we stayed (fairly) respectful and kind to each other through out, he was paying me a generous child support once we had split our money (which wasn't until May 1st of 2010, about 9 months after he moved out, otherwise we still had a joint checking account).

I have learned a ton while we were apart, and have been a much happier person, even before the reconciliation.  I think that is part of why he wanted to reconcile.  And he has grown up quite a lot as well.

Best wishes to all,

Tracy

Rockin' mama to Allison (9), Asher (5) and Alethea (3), head over heels in love with my sexy husband, Tony.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page