Ex had kids for 4 hours yesterday....2 year son got brutal heat rash - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-03-2011, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

He put him to bed in his room, it was hot like 30 degrees, plus humidity.

No fan, plastic diaper, on plastic crib mattress, and full pijamas.

We cosleep in my airconditioned king sized bed. (I have a window unit and fans)

But he thinks the kids shouldn't sleep with me.

He had them for 4 hours in my house.

I came home, and let my son sleep in my bed.

The heat rash he woke up with was so blistered, bubbly and hot fuscia pink daycare wouldn't let me drop him off.

I knew it was heat rash, the dr confirmed it.

My ex has not taken responsiblity for this.

I just feel sad, is he really that irresponsible?

My son tried to come out of the bedroom, but he made him go back.

The kid was overheating like an old car in the desert.

I used to want him to give me more time, but when stuff like this happens I wonder if I should just start limiting him.

Oddly he called me the c word and told me I was a neglegent parent before I came home.

18 years of being a mom, this is my first kid whose ever gotten heat rash.

How do you deal with sending your kids with abusive, narcisisistic, unemmotional, ex's.

It's starting to make me feel ill.

8 might be enough
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2011, 08:31 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

I fantasize about leaving the country...

My ds is very fair, like pasty white, you can see through his skin fair.  He sees a dermatolgist 2x/yr for cancer checks and I have invested a small fortune in SPF clothing.  I also have letters from the derm and ped detailing the danger of exposing ds to the sun, even briefly.

Last summer, ex let ds play shirtless in the sun and he came home with a 2nd degree burn and almost ended up in the hospital.  Some people are just so beyond stupid it boggles the mind.

I'm sorry you and your babe had to go through this.  :(

Bring back the old MDC
Old 08-03-2011, 09:42 PM - Thread Starter

yeah its sad.  My ds has heat rash on the palms of his hands.

Ex couldn't care less.

Leaving the country, my fantasy condo is in Maui.

8 might be enough
Old 08-04-2011, 04:07 PM

Does he legally have visitation - in other words, are you required to let him see the children?  Because if not, that guy should not be caring for children.  That is terrible negligence on his part.  Most clearly, yes, he really is that irresponsible so if there's no legal requirement, he should not be alone with children.  And I would have the doctor who confirmed the heat rash document that - and you should note that it happened while the baby was in your ex's care (have the daycare note it in writing as well, if you can).  A child can get a sunburn, sure - but to let them suffer in a room with no air all night is needless.  Further, his filthy language in your home, where children can hear it, is inexcusable and inappropriate.  Set as many boundaries as you can.

Old 08-05-2011, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLotus View Post

Does he legally have visitation - in other words, are you required to let him see the children?  Because if not, that guy should not be caring for children.  That is terrible negligence on his part.  Most clearly, yes, he really is that irresponsible so if there's no legal requirement, he should not be alone with children.  And I would have the doctor who confirmed the heat rash document that - and you should note that it happened while the baby was in your ex's care (have the daycare note it in writing as well, if you can).  A child can get a sunburn, sure - but to let them suffer in a room with no air all night is needless.  Further, his filthy language in your home, where children can hear it, is inexcusable and inappropriate.  Set as many boundaries as you can.

yeahthat.gif 

My ex is equally unqualified to parent, but there's a court order forcing me to allow him to have ds (2 days a month for 4 hours each day right now). He's done plenty of stupid and dangerous things in the last couple months since this started (putting my 57lb child in a seat that only goes to 40lb despite me telling him not to, taking a 7 year old child to the park in 100 degree temps with no water, feeding 7 year old (with autism and documented feeding issues) 1 banana for lunch and refusing to feed him a full meal, etc). It goes on and on but there's not much I can do about it. The advice I got from my lawyer is to buy an appropriate carseat for ex's car and send food/water with ds for every visit. We go back to court in November so we'll see what the Judge says then.

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

Old 08-06-2011, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

He doesn't want them overnight thank god.  I have hired a live in nanny so there will be supervision.

He hasn't called to ask about them and stood them up today.

I am begining to see its a blessing he doesn't want more visitation.

8 might be enough

User Tag List