Work related... oh my - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-04-2011, 04:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am a single mom to two kids. DD 5 DS 8.

I recently took a part time job at a convenience store since we were not making ends meet with child support and my house cleaning jobs. I am hoping house cleaning will pick up but untill than I thought an extra fifteen hours somewhere would sure help.

Well right after I started two women quit and my fifteen hours a week jumped to thirty eight.... which is WAY TO MUCH FOR ME.

Hopefully it will last only a few weeks until they get someone hired and trained but I am wigging out.

Totally overwhelmed and my house and kids are in shambles.

I am thinking of telling the boss I can only really work 20 hours but I just don't know how to do it.

I don't have anyone really to watch them other than a friend who seems reluctant and their dad... who I dont want to give him any excuse for another custody battle.

I am just so upset and overwhelmed. I work every day this week. And one night where they will be needing to stay with their dad...

my one thought is to tell her I do not have child care anymore. ( since my friend seems to be so put out on our initial arrangement.)

What would you do?

mdcblog5.gifsaynovax.giffambedsingle2.gifhomebirth.jpg

#2 of 3 Old 09-04-2011, 07:34 AM

Telling your employer that you only have child care available for a certain # of hours/week is reasonable and the truth.

If you think they might permanently change your status to full-time, you might want to consider enrolling the kids into a more formal day care or find an in home provider that can take care of them.  That's if you'd like to continue working full time.

#3 of 3 Old 09-07-2011, 05:09 PM

Sounds so hard.  Is there another work opportunity you can explore (though you may not have time for this...) Or other childcare you could try to find for a bit?

Hug.

Mom to two terrific kiddos, affirming every day that the Universe is unfolding as it should and all is well...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page