I want another - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 09-18-2011, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Any other single moms without a current partner ever feel that longing for another child?  I do :(

I want another baby so bad.

Maybe someday......

#2 of 13 Old 09-18-2011, 02:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've desperately wanted another since my DS (my second child) was a couple months old. I'd thought it would pass after awhile, but he's 13 mo now, and I still want another baby. Honestly, several more. I crave a big family. Funny thing is, I hadn't planned to have anymore children after my DD. DS was a complete surprise. Turned out to be the best surprise ever, though. As it stands right now, though, even if I eventually have a new partner (I've been celibate for nearly 2 years), DS will still likely be my last. DD and DS have different fathers, and I don't think I can handle the idea of telling people that my children have 3 different fathers. 2 is bad enough.

#3 of 13 Old 09-18-2011, 02:51 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)

My first is almost 1 1/2 yrs old, and all my friends are pregnant now, most are due in March. It's insane. Some are on their 3rd. I can't fathom ever marrying again, and I know me - I was a virgin when I got married. I don't see myself having sex outside of a committed marriage. I want more babies so bad. I'm 31 and don't want to make the same mistake I made before by marrying a man that is apparently a sociopath. The thing is, you can think everything feels so right, and it still turn out all wrong. I have absolutely no prospects right now and I am not sure I even want that to change. I don't want to be a single mom to two or three or four or eight. But baby #1 turned out to be a ray of sunshine. I couldn't ask for more than what she is to me. If she is all I ever have, I will always be grateful.

Living happily and loving it!
#4 of 13 Old 09-19-2011, 01:16 PM

i do absolutely.  before my stbx and i separated, we spent about a year and a half battling heartbreaking infertility, then about another 6 months of ntnp before we finally ended our ttc altogether.  my son is almost 4 and i cannot even tell you how it breaks my heart to think i may not have another child.  it's a deep deep yearning for me.  just a few weeks ago i decided if i still have no prospects for a partner in 5 years or so (my 36th birthday) i will pursue artificial insemination.  I came to the point of realizing i'd rather face a pregnancy, birth, babyhood, and mommyhood alone than miss out on that chance altogether.  I also am strongly considering international adoption, but i need to save up quite a bit for money for that process and don't need to worry about my "fertile years".  but i really and truely want another pregnancy, birth, and newborn experience.  at least one more.  honestly this has been one of the hardest parts of my decision to leave my marriage: the regret of letting go of my possibility to have another child.  many hugs!

Katie, mommy to Oliver (2007) and brand new Ava Estelle (2014)! 
Decluttering Challenge:  303/2014 items are gone!
$728 made from selling my "stuff"
(I've gotten rid of 3711 items over the last four years on this forum! Last years selling total: $456)
#5 of 13 Old 09-19-2011, 03:31 PM

Yes, I have always wanted one more...but I feel bad enough as it is that I have two ex's as it is. And the thought of ever trusting someone again is hard.

#6 of 13 Old 09-19-2011, 07:15 PM

Absolutely.  In fact, this particular topic always brings tears to my eyes.  My DD is 10 months and I come from a family of 5 kids and know how wonderful siblings can be.  It makes me so sad to think she won't get a sibling...but everyone tells me I'm young and can have more children...but I am so terrified to meet someone and overlook bad traits just because I want to have more kids...ugh!!!  

#7 of 13 Old 09-19-2011, 07:45 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatoemily View Post

Absolutely.  In fact, this particular topic always brings tears to my eyes.  My DD is 10 months and I come from a family of 5 kids and know how wonderful siblings can be.  It makes me so sad to think she won't get a sibling...but everyone tells me I'm young and can have more children...but I am so terrified to meet someone and overlook bad traits just because I want to have more kids...ugh!!!  

Yeah, exactly. 

Living happily and loving it!
#8 of 13 Old 09-21-2011, 09:45 PM

Me :( My daughter is 27 months and all of our friends are having or have recently had second babies. Seeing all those cute little toddlers with their siblings makes me so sad...my DD would be such a good big sister :( However, I'm also only 1/4 of the way through my BA so I really need to finish school before having anymore kids. I just hope I can meet someone that I trust enough to have kids with someday...

Single mama to S ~ 6/09

#9 of 13 Old 09-22-2011, 02:30 PM

I do.

I do have a current partner, but he's pretty...uninterested in having a child.  I finally got an IUD so I'd try to just accept it and focus on getting my life the rest of the way together.

I wanted more than 3 children, and that was definitely one of the hardest things about the end of my marriage.  I wasn't done!

Busy, hectic, HAPPY single mom to 3 awesome kiddos jumpers.gif DD1 (10) DS (8) DD2 (6)

#10 of 13 Old 09-24-2011, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

grouphug.gif

#11 of 13 Old 09-25-2011, 06:45 PM

YES YES YES!!! This is so hard for me... I have 2 children 3 1/2 and 16 m.  I have been single since right after his birth.  My stbx and I had a hard time concieving him and I feel the same way now that I did when we couldn't get pregnant.  I get angry, hurt, and JEALOUS when my friends get pregnant and give birth again.  I am 31 and everyone tells me too that I am young but I have no time to shower let alone date...lol. Maybe someday, I really hope, I have to hope. 

#12 of 13 Old 09-27-2011, 02:27 PM

Have any of you ladies ever considered becoming a single mother by choice?

http://www.singlemothersbychoice.org/

Forest For The Trees  stillheart.gif  Radical Family Support Consulting for Growing Families (ask me!)
10+ Years in Professional Holistic Childcare and Support / Alternative Education / Unschooling my Friend, Z (4)

Future Community-Dwelling, Stay-at-Home, Sole-Parent by Choice!

#13 of 13 Old 09-28-2011, 09:35 AM

Oh yes!!  I have always wanted a big(ish) family, at least three kids...  It kills me when people around me get pregnant.  Like at my church, the 20-somethings are popping out babies left and right.  There's at least three couples pregnant at any one time.  I try to be happy for them, but the jealousy is overwhelming sometimes.

I know I am still young (26 y/o), but some days I feel like my years are just ticking by...  I also always wanted my kids to be close in age, and with DD turning 3 and no marriage prospects on the horizon, that doesn't look likely either.  But as bananabee said - I try to remind myself every day that I already have the love of my life.  If I never have another kid, I am so thankful to have THIS one.

I can honestly said I would not choose to have another child as a single mom.  This is the hardest thing I've ever done, and I still crave the traditional "family" of having a partner to help.

~Melissa~

Single Mama to Miss Priss (3 y/o)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page