First Time Single Mom - Eugene OR - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-18-2011, 10:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey,

So from the title you can see I'm a first time mom. I am looking for a community of other mothers in the Eugene area to raise my child with. I am doing this alone. I would like to share my philosophy with other like minded mothers. I am the first in my peer group to have a child so I am alone in many ways. Anyways my baby should make an appearance sometime in early December. 

I'm terrible at explaining myself online so I look forward to in person meetings. I am an Early Childhood Education teacher at a local center. I love how young children look at the world. I love working with children and plan on making this my life's path. I believe in non conventional methods when it comes to child rearing. I am a very down to earth person and do not stand for drama filled mommas ;) 

April-Kay

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 09-22-2011, 08:58 PM

Hi!

New single mom here also trying to find a community to relate to. I too hate explaining myself in in email and forum posts (too much a perfectionist and too self conscience I suppose)  but here goes, so excuse the rambling. You mentioned non-conventional child rearing methodes, may I ask what your birth plans are? I planned to deliver at the Nurse midwifery center, naturally (w/o pain meds)  but unfortunately went past their time frame by one hour and ended up delivering at Riverbend which was still wonderful; especially since it was still a midwife attended birth... anyways. You mentioned being first in your peer group to have a baby, I can relate, I suppose. Its funny, I've always felt 'young' to be a mom I think it has more to do with being a "single mom" than my age, or maybe thats just me! Well I'de to hear from you. Pre-baby I participated in two pre-natal yoga classes, which I loved for the community and appreciated the chance to connect with other pregnant mamas, however I did find it hard to be the only one without a "daddy" there to support and love me every step of the way, so I've been hesitant to join other parenting groups now that my little man is here, as hearing about other happy "mommies" and "daddies" can be hard. Anyhoo, I 'spose I've rambled myself out!

#3 of 4 Old 09-23-2011, 10:18 PM

Hey there mamas ~

April~Kay I live in Oregon also........I'm a single mama and I happen to have a single mama friend in Eugene.....I will message you.

blessings

sarah

dust.gif
#4 of 4 Old 09-29-2011, 04:46 PM

I am not a single mama myself but I am in Eugene... here is a FB page for Eugene Mama's that might interest you:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/groups/256173875975/

Mostly AP moms and I am sure there are single moms too.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page