I don't enjoy his company, so why... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-06-2011, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

is it so hard to file papers? I don't have any of those 'love him deeply' feelings that folks on Parents as Partners forum express. So why can't I just divorce? Why can't I even tell him? It is frustrating and painful to live with his not even getting that it is over and yet I can't take that step. What is wrong with me?

Mom to 11 y.o. lawyer, 9 y.o. actor, and 4 y.o. pilot. I believe 'em on those, too!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2011, 10:17 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

It's hard to give up on a dream, hard to admit things really aren't going to work out, hard to feel like we're letting our kids down. You've also lived with a certain status quo for a long time that has worked, more or less, without the need for making it legal. I found it was easier to put off filing when we were already living apart anyway.

big virtual hugs to you, honey!

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
Old 10-07-2011, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, you're right. I can always count on you to understand! 

When he texts me using a pet name or something, I feel like vomiting. And yet, I still can't seem to take that final step. And I'm hating that about me and don't get why it's so.

Mom to 11 y.o. lawyer, 9 y.o. actor, and 4 y.o. pilot. I believe 'em on those, too!

Old 10-07-2011, 09:41 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Because it's scary as hell!  It's a huge life changing decision.  If you aren't ready, then you just are not.

Mama to three crazy kids and one crazier dog.  biggrinbounce.gif

Old 10-07-2011, 11:15 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Yeah, it's a great big ball of scary.  And even if I *know* it's over, it doesn't mean that I want it to be over.  I didn't want any of this.

and then when we get to the ocean
we're gonna take a boat to the end of the world

Old 10-08-2011, 12:04 PM

There are so many things that are ending (hopes, dreams, etc), right?  And there were good times, right (not that outweighed the horrid stuff, but for me they come to memory sometimes)?  So....yes, it is hard.  I was in a domestic partnership rather than a marriage, so I executed revocations of powers of attorney with only a notary (a colleague from work) present.  And then I went and cried for half an hour.....and was numb for days.

Mom to two terrific kiddos, affirming every day that the Universe is unfolding as it should and all is well...

Old 10-08-2011, 09:15 PM - Thread Starter

The weird thing is, I can't even remember the 'good times'. I saw a picture of us where we looked really happy and I wondered, were we? Why? Even when I look at our wedding picture I feel confused. Did I really feel love for him? I must have...

We talked on the phone tonight and he wanted to find a way to work things out. I didn't even know how to respond. I was just blank.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:20 PM

yup, it's a BIG change.  It's making it final.  When even though you want it, it still is making it an offical change.

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

User Tag List