i need someone's help asap. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-27-2011, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

lets start off by saying my name is jordan im 21, my son is riley and he is going to be 10 mths :) but i have court at 9 which is in a few hrs and i cant really sleep because i dont understand because me and his father signed a paper back in july for joint custody but it was just for the months i was up here letting him see our son, but what i dont understand was how he got this flied though whoever to make me hold up to it when it was only me and him there ? so how can they do that when they dont rlly even know if i signed it or not... but i love my son and he's all i got and i pray someone out there can help us.... thanks
#2 of 8 Old 11-27-2011, 10:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi Jordan - I am sorry you are so stressed. Why are you going to court? It wasn't totally clear in your post.

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#3 of 8 Old 11-27-2011, 10:50 PM

Jordan, this sounds like a tough time for you.  It is difficult to tell what is going on but it sounds like if court is involved you might need a lawyer, or to seek a continuance to get legal advice.

Mom to two terrific kiddos, affirming every day that the Universe is unfolding as it should and all is well...

#4 of 8 Old 11-27-2011, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter

me and my sons father had singed a paper in july of this yr. so he could see him and stuff well that paper said that he could have him from thurs, 7:00 pm to sun 9:00 pm ever wk but this wasnt with the court or anything it was just us and we lived in a different state then him so i was being nice and stay up here for 3 months so he could have some time with him but he went and had it notarized behind my back and i didnt know it i went back home not knowing this and not i have court to why im not going though with this and why i missed my first court date which he didnt even have my mail right but i wasnt there when it got notarized and i didnt sign it in front of his lawyer so how can the notarize something they didnt see me sign? the jugde doesnt know my side~

#5 of 8 Old 11-27-2011, 10:59 PM - Thread Starter

i have court at 9am i dont think im going to find a lawyer that fast.

#6 of 8 Old 11-27-2011, 11:08 PM

Jordan, family court is often very understanding when presented with the honest facts.  I imagine if you explain to a judge what has happened and ask that you be granted some time to find some legal counsel, she or he would be open to that.  The job of the judge is to act in the best interest of the child, so help her or him understand how more time to gather information and get advice would help achieve that goal.

Mom to two terrific kiddos, affirming every day that the Universe is unfolding as it should and all is well...

#7 of 8 Old 11-27-2011, 11:13 PM - Thread Starter

thanks but how can you notarize a paper without both parties there?

#8 of 8 Old 11-27-2011, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyriley2011 View Post

thanks but how can you notarize a paper without both parties there?

I think you need to ask the judge this. Is it possible the notary only agreed to notarize your ex's signature but not yours? I'm not familiar with the specifics of the law. I admit that it sounds fishy to me. I agree with the previous poster who advised you to show up and explain everything to the judge and to get some legal counsel. I'm so sorry you are going through this - it sounds very stressful. Good luck to you and your baby.

"So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton

Tags
Single Parenting

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page