Friends with benefits - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 01-16-2012, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm newly single and already missing the sex!

I've seen a few of you talking about fwb ... where do you get one lol

A little bit about my life, I'm a stuent midwife, so in work or uni I only really come into contact with women (and their partners) there are doctors of course but ... no!

I don't have any male friends, never have done. I'm just not that kind of girl (although this is my first time being single since I was 20 so that might have a bearing on it)

How do I met men? I'm definitly not up for a relationship. But dating would be fun

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 01-16-2012, 04:56 PM

lurk.gif

Mom to 11 y.o. lawyer, 9 y.o. actor, and 4 y.o. pilot. I believe 'em on those, too!

#3 of 10 Old 01-16-2012, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

online dating sites. OKCupid is a good one if you're looking for a more casual relationship.

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
#4 of 10 Old 01-16-2012, 09:46 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

yep, online I am afraid.

#5 of 10 Old 01-17-2012, 10:12 AM

online- plentyoffish.com  just make sure to screen them extensively first.  ya know- talk for a long time before meeting I think. It weeded out the bums and losers.

mdcblog5.gifsaynovax.giffambedsingle2.gifhomebirth.jpg

#6 of 10 Old 01-18-2012, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

I'm a bit scared of online dating! Any tips?

#7 of 10 Old 01-18-2012, 03:18 PM

I was too!  The sites walk you right thru it. Other moms can prob offer better advice.

My biggest advice is to talk to the men you think you will date for a long time before you meet them!

Be safe and use condoms.

mdcblog5.gifsaynovax.giffambedsingle2.gifhomebirth.jpg

#8 of 10 Old 01-19-2012, 02:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

online has been a lot of fun for me.  Just meet them in a public space and get to know them as you would anyone else before giving them your address, phone number or hooking up.  Everyone always says be so cautious but I figured I only needed to be as cautious as I would if I was meeting someone anywhere else in the world.    And when I did meet someone online we had only chatted a couple of times before we met in real life.  It just seemed more normal and he had less time to come up with ways to impress me.  He had no choice but to be himself. :)  but always meet in public.  and if you can meet on his turf all the better.  If his friends tag along even better.  you can learn a lot about a guy from his friends.

Also I was the kind of girl who never ever had male friends. I  married my husband when I was 19 and it did not feel right having close relationships of any kind with men.  However once I got divorced I realized I relate a lot better to men than women and most of my close friends have been men....of course I always end up falling in love or something stupid....perhaps if i was willing to go with "friends with benefits" it would keep me from going stupid.  LOL

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#9 of 10 Old 02-12-2012, 02:41 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I haven't had any luck online. I get frustrated and weirded out very easily with it. I have had no trouble with going "out" and meeting people. And by going "out" I mean dressing up and going somewhere to listen to live music with a group of girlfriends. Everyone likes music, right? You don't have to drink to enjoy the nightlife and meet new people :) relax and let them come to you ;) get some friends together and shoot some pool or go bowling. We all like different things and there are always plenty of people to meet but you have to get out there and meet them!

#10 of 10 Old 02-12-2012, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Well, I really need a FWB too, but it is really hard for me to get out there and meet anyone.  I work 3 nights a week, including Friday and Saturday, and any band I would want to see, my X and his 22  year old girlfriend are there.  I lost all my friends over the course of my marriage for various reasons.  I almost hit on someone at a funeral yesterday, but made myself stop.  Looking back I probably should have just kept at it!  Our mutual friend who died would not have minded.  I am starting to learn that I need to look decent when I go places.  Picking someone up at the health food store should not be as hard as it is!

Tags
Single , Single Parenting

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page