Any Moms had bio father terminate parental rights? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-19-2012, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi,

I wanted to post on here and ask if any of you moms are the sole parent because of a tpr?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 04-19-2012, 05:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

I did it several years ago myself though the courts and it was pretty easy but its going to vary by state. If you search "termination parental rights" on the boards you will find posts on it.

Seriously?
#3 of 6 Old 04-19-2012, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your help. I've been searching through the old posts but I don't see anything specific about what the guardian ad litem will do or why they are even needed. Thanks!

PS He's already signed a consent to terminate

#4 of 6 Old 04-19-2012, 06:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmommylove View Post

Thanks for your help. I've been searching through the old posts but I don't see anything specific about what the guardian ad litem will do or why they are even needed. Thanks!

PS He's already signed a consent to terminate

They are needed to see whats in the childs best interest and be the childs voice in court. They will tell the judge if your suitable as a single parent and can provide for your child or not. I will tell you though that if your receiving any public services they will not grant it. Under what law are you filing under?

Seriously?
#5 of 6 Old 05-09-2012, 05:20 PM

My daughter's father did the same thing. His attorney drafted the paper work, and my attorney went over it with me, and she had them change a few things. Then we all signed it and my attorney brought it to court for the judge to sign. Some of the things my attorney made sure were in the agreement were:

-I'm able to have someone adopt my daughter as her father AND without his permission. This also means that he will never be able to gain his rights back again (seals the deal)

-I agreed to not file for child support or any type of state assistance that would require him to pay money for my daughter. This also prevents him from getting his rights back. If he were to pay child support then he could ask for visiting time in the future.

-He agreed to never contacting me or my daughter, and also to not cause any type of scene in public.

-I have permission to get any type of medical history from him if needed.

So these might be some things you keep in mind, which is why having an attorney is really important, I would find a new one if you could. Good luck!

#6 of 6 Old 07-10-2012, 06:51 AM

I was considering asking my Ex to give up his rights... I'm pretty sure he would in a heartbeat if he knew that he could. He left us when I was 5 months pregnant after I wouldn't abort the baby. Now I'm 7 months in and I'm trying to figure out all the details. 

I just don't want him coming back when my son is like, 5 years old and demand having him over the weekends. I know this guy is going to regret what he did one day. Arg. Choices, choices... 

My blog at www.rememberbaby.wordpress.com, filled with letters to my little one starting from 5 weeks pregnant until now!

stork-boy.gif September 30th, 2012 Nicolas Cobourne

computergeek2.gifslingboy.gifcd.gifbfinfant.gifphotosmile2.gifsigncirc1.gifhomeschool.gif

Tags
Single , Single Parenting

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page