Unjobbing and/or WAHM Single Moms??? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-30-2012, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

What do you do?

I worked at Leapforce for a while (it's almost been six months so I might go back soon). Now I am gathering signatures on petitions at parks and bringing my kids with me (but that ends this month:( )

I am not crafty or talented (aside from doing yoga) so I am doubtful I could create something to sell. The only thing I know how to make are hemp necklaces but I don't think I could ever sell enough of those to get by. Maybe I could make some in addition to doing something else for a main income.

I would love to hear what you do as a single mom to make a living without sending your kids to daycare. I am a certified nursing assistant so on occasion if I'm not making it at home with my kids I have to get public assistance for daycare (which is not enough to cover childcare in my new state) and work a day job. However I would prefer to spend as much time with my kids as possible.

The only thing I can think of is if I make enough for a bus before I loose my current income, I could go to shows and festivals and sell food and beverages. I've brewed kombucha before (it's pretty easy) so I think I could brew my own and sell it for $5 a bottle. And I'm great at cooking vegan food and uncooking? raw food so I could probably make large items like lasagna or pots of chili undogs and sell them by the plate...

be good family...

#2 of 5 Old 03-09-2014, 07:31 PM
esg

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi. Are you still a WAHM single mom?

I figure this is a stretch to get a reply to such an old thread but it came up when I was searching for the unjobbing group. I'm a single mom as well and have been working on my own (kind of) since January. Just curious.

Single mama by choice to sonbabyf.gif 2/2011.
I love showing my little sweetheart (now a busy preschooler!) the world!

#3 of 5 Old 03-09-2014, 08:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I'm planning to be a WAHM single mama. I'm already an unjobber. Right now I do personal organizing-which includes many things like book editing, computer help, basic honey-do's for older folks. I also do some catering and gluten free baking for the college I went to. I have an etsy shop, but most things I sell are word of mouth and the shop is for show :wink  I do a bit of childcare for a few friends, date nights and filling in when regular sitters are sick or otherwise unavailable. I sometimes sub at an elementary school I used to work at. And my latest addition and what I'm really planning on to be my main source of income here before too long is a network marketing biz, which I of course can't name here, but if you want more info about it feel free to PM me. I love our products! Organic & gmo-free, And our team! And our comp plan!! It's like one big supportive family & it's affordable to join up. 

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
#4 of 5 Old 03-09-2014, 08:56 PM
esg

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prescottchels View Post

I'm planning to be a WAHM single mama. I'm already an unjobber. Right now I do personal organizing-which includes many things like book editing, computer help, basic honey-do's for older folks. I also do some catering and gluten free baking for the college I went to. I have an etsy shop, but most things I sell are word of mouth and the shop is for show :wink  I do a bit of childcare for a few friends, date nights and filling in when regular sitters are sick or otherwise unavailable. I sometimes sub at an elementary school I used to work at. And my latest addition and what I'm really planning on to be my main source of income here before too long is a network marketing biz, which I of course can't name here, but if you want more info about it feel free to PM me. I love our products! Organic & gmo-free, And our team! And our comp plan!! It's like one big supportive family & it's affordable to join up. 

I'll PM you.

Are you in the unjobbing group? I can't remember.

Single mama by choice to sonbabyf.gif 2/2011.
I love showing my little sweetheart (now a busy preschooler!) the world!

#5 of 5 Old 03-09-2014, 09:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I am, but I haven't posted there in AGES.

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 

Tags
Single Parenting

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page