My new job.... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-02-2012, 07:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am getting started with this new job and I have 8 account manager positions to fill in Illinois and Wisconsin. Does anyone have any creative ideas of how to do this other than running ads on craigslist?  Which is what my boss has advised me to do.  I have plenty of contacts in both states and am reaching out to them if they know of anyone who needs a new job that they can do based from home?  I will need to be reviewing 96 resumes in the next 3 months- so I need to generate a lot of contacts!!!

I need to brainstorm!

mdcblog5.gifsaynovax.giffambedsingle2.gifhomebirth.jpg

#2 of 2 Old 05-02-2012, 11:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom31 View Post

I am getting started with this new job and I have 8 account manager positions to fill in Illinois and Wisconsin. Does anyone have any creative ideas of how to do this other than running ads on craigslist?  Which is what my boss has advised me to do.  I have plenty of contacts in both states and am reaching out to them if they know of anyone who needs a new job that they can do based from home?  I will need to be reviewing 96 resumes in the next 3 months- so I need to generate a lot of contacts!!!

I need to brainstorm!

I think it really depends on the industry and where YOU are located, but you could start by reaching out to local professional agencies in those areas: rotary, young professionals, etc. If you have a basic paying account on LinkedIn (I think it's fairly cheap), you could also look there. Use your network. LinkedIn is a great resource for contacts, and ask people you know to forward the information to people in that field.

From my experience, though largely depending on the industry, Craigslist will likely overwhelm you with way too many resumes that don't fit what you need. You might end up in a flood of nothing, so be careful how you word the ad. Be specific that no one should apply who doesn't have exactly everything on your requirement list (and bold, underline and italicize that part) - you can always get more lax with your requirements later if you don't get enough resumes, but you can't go the other way around after you've gotten 150 resumes that don't qualify. Unless that's what you want... why do you have to review 96 resumes for 8 positions? What if you find the 8 people you are looking for in the first 20 resumes?

Moo.

Tags
Single , Single Parenting

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page