dh doing coke: what are the steps out of this? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-28-2012, 07:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i'm posting to help my girlfriend. her dh is doing coke all of a sudden. He's had some loss (mom died a few weeks ago, friend dying), but he's started doing coke and lying and not coming home and not talking to the kids...etc, etc. So we were talking about what she needs to do to protect herself and the kids. I told her to open her own bank account and get all her money out before it's used for coke. But what else? If she changes the locks, is there any way to legally protect her and the kids from him coming in, if they are still married? Any other suggestions?

Mom to 11 y.o. lawyer, 9 y.o. actor, and 4 y.o. pilot. I believe 'em on those, too!

#2 of 2 Old 06-27-2012, 08:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

sounds as though she may need to file for a legal separation if she is not already contemplating divorce because she needs legal footing to deny him entry into the home and other limits that she may need to begin setting.  

Former dreads.gifwearing, treehugger.gifing, pole dancing, read.gifpushing, ribbonpurple.gifsurvivor & single mama extraordinaire to energy.gif.  

Now that's a mouthful!!! computergeek2.gif & follow it!   

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page