ex didn't pick up kids for unmpteenth time - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-09-2012, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Edited to say: was meant for 'single parenting' forum!!!

I'm getting to a point where I think it's time to 'work the system'. Up until now I have been very gracious and non-confrontal, not aggressive, just to avoid upseting everyong involved - kids, ex husband, ex's family...everyone but me basically. But yesterday ex did not come get kids for their riding lesson, and today called 4 hours AFTER he was supposed to pick them up for sleep over...I was sooo fed up by that point that I didn't pick up AND he only made that 1 call, no other attenpts...so I'm, thinking he's happy he didn't end up having kids on a Saturday night. PLUS made me miss my second date in 14 years!!!! I texted 'date' to cancel, as he was working, and he didn't even text me back (not even after several hours) - I take that as being pissed off!

I'm thinking ex needs a serious taste of reality, maybe my anger has reached a level that he needs to see what he really deserves, legally I mean. So far I have taken all of the burden, economically and 97% of child care....in my mind am thinking it's time to make him legally fulifill his responsibilites.

Maybe this more of a vent in the heat of the moment but I lost 1) the only night a week I get without kids; 2) he had no respect whatsoever of us, the kids has plans to go to movies with him and really looked forward to it; 3) I missed my second date in 14 years!!!

I'm thinking Monday is the day I take serious action...like change current separation agreement..get social services involved? He has substance abuse issues, and I've kept it quiet, never even told his parents...am tempted to let cat out of bag I'm so pissed off right now!!!...

#2 of 5 Old 06-24-2012, 07:23 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)

So sorry mama. greensad.gif I hope you've been able to figure something out to address the situation.

#3 of 5 Old 06-24-2012, 02:35 PM

Add to your list to have a backup childcare plan. Do not give him the opportunity to manipulate and control your life anymore.

#4 of 5 Old 06-25-2012, 12:51 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)

Have you talked to an attorney?

Kind of depends on the "substance" and where you live if it even matters.  

The courts will help with child support but they can't make him a better parent.  Sorry.  

Mama to three crazy kids and one crazier dog.  biggrinbounce.gif

#5 of 5 Old 08-11-2012, 06:55 PM

I agree to always have a backup plan for dates. My ex used to purposely be inconsistent and last minute so that I couldnt make any plans. Changed that quick!

First-time mama due on Dec 3rd 2009!
Update: Baby girl born Nov 19th!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page