What is the longest you've gone without "intimacy" ;) ? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: What is the longest you've gone WITHOUT
A couple weeks 5 7.94%
A couple months 9 14.29%
4-8 months 6 9.52%
9-12 months 7 11.11%
A year 7 11.11%
Two years 5 7.94%
Three to four years 8 12.70%
Five years 4 6.35%
Six to seven years 5 7.94%
Eight to ten years 3 4.76%
Ten plus years 4 6.35%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-12-2012, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yeah, I'm kind of done with this whole dry spell thing. redface.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2012, 10:20 AM

Five years.  Honestly I was just SO busy and chronically exhausted that I didn't think much about it.  There's absolutely no way there would have been room in my life for someone.  I was in school, working, homeschooling...it was chaotic, and I just needed to focus on myself and my daughter.  I knew that things would get better eventually and would be much more enjoyable when life was calmer. 

Old 10-13-2012, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter

Rockstarmom, so you have started "being intimate" again then? Can you tell me how that happened (going from a five year dry spell to a home run lol) and how it went for you? Had you kissed or made out with anyone in those five years? I am sometimes honestly overwhelmed by the fear that I will never have sex again. Really. And it is painful going so long, physically and emotionally. 

Old 10-14-2012, 05:19 PM

Does the 2 years we haven't done it count, even though I'm married? ;-o

Third generation WOHM. I work by choice.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Mama Soltera, I am not currently getting it on, but when I had a lover this spring- the first time in 5 years or so- everything went fine.  He didn't even seem to care about my stretch marks ;)

Old 10-19-2012, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Soltera View Post

Rockstarmom, so you have started "being intimate" again then? Can you tell me how that happened (going from a five year dry spell to a home run lol) and how it went for you? Had you kissed or made out with anyone in those five years? I am sometimes honestly overwhelmed by the fear that I will never have sex again. Really. And it is painful going so long, physically and emotionally. 

Nope, hadn't even kissed anyone during those 5.5 years.  I think it made me a little too anxious to rush things, and I had a (pretty disastrous) whirlwind relationship.  But I wouldn't really change things...in reality I was much too busy to have had time for intimacy before that point, and it was all a learning experience in the end.  It honestly was pretty anticlimactic when it finally happened--the guy was fine with it, and it wasn't such a huge deal to me anymore.  But I know how hard it can be.  Do you WANT to put yourself out there?  Maybe just have a few no-pressure dates?  It can be really nice to get away even for a few hours every few weeks to have some time to step outside of our role as mom and be the center of someone's attention.  :)

User Tag List