Which household items do you wish you asked for? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-12-2012, 06:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

When you were dividing up the house which items are you glad you got and which do you wish you asked for?

#2 of 3 Old 08-12-2012, 01:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The truth is that the little I got, I ended up donating and choosing other stuff at thrift stores and the like.

Purging into items chosen by me was very therapeutic/

He got 80% or more of the "stuff" I personally didn't care.

There was one picture I wish i had asked for, but we were so close to sign that I let it go. I think about it at times.

#3 of 3 Old 08-12-2012, 01:54 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

For me it is all the photo's I took, printed and framed. There is one painting I bought in a yard sale and had framed which I was determined I would keep.I'm also keeping both of the TVs.

Other than that he was welcome to pretty much everything. The children kept their beds etc (so come with me) and as he wanted the kitchen table/chairs, dining room table and chairs, master bed and bedside tables etc, I asked for the sectional sofa but it's reallybeen used and abused. He also wanted the dishes, the Global Knife set and the glasses...he was welcome to them.  have already bought replacements, and my parents were delighted to help me buy new items. They also bought a complete tool set which I think every single mom needs!

I can't think of anything I regret not laying claim to. I was interested in personal items which he didn't care about.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page