Single and working 2 jobs... I'm tired - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-03-2012, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I'm tired. Period. I just started working full time again after a 2 month break. Now I'm working 2 jobs.  My 2nd job is simple and easy and only temporary.  I need it to catch up on bills and to have extra money but I feel guilty.... and tired...  My daughter is 5, she stays with her dad 2 or 3 times a week, usually not even that because a lot of times he has some sort of excuse so she ends up staying at home with my roommate and her son on the 2 nights a week that I work my 2nd job.  I don't know what to do, I don't know how people juggle this.  I'm lonely sometimes, but mostly too tired to be lonely.  I'm really too tired to even write this right now.....

I really need some strategies on how to deal with and manage my time and stress levels.  I'm still in training at my new job so I basically work bank hrs.  Once I'm out of training I'll be working until 1;15 am 4 days a week....  It's a high paying job with potential to move up in the company so quitting my job is NOT an option.  I just need some advice.

I forgot to mention that my daughter is in Kindergarten so she's tired too.  She goes to an after school program for a couple of hrs after school until I get off work and drive across town to get her.  I feel like I never see her and when I do we're either running around trying to get stuff done or we're too tired to even spend quality time together.

#2 of 5 Old 10-03-2012, 07:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
That is so hard on both of you! I don't know if you are into the idea, but can you sleep together so you get more cuddle time? (Only if you would still be able to get a good nights sleep though.) How long will you need to keep the second job for?
#3 of 5 Old 10-05-2012, 05:38 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm kind of in a similar boat...only I am a waitress, so it's not like my job offers much future potential.  But I actually took the waiting tables job because it was the fewest hours for the most money....more time with my kids.  I feel like they are only young once.  When will you get to move up in your job?  How long will you have to keep these hours?  I would make sure that I had a timetable for promotions from this company, and that I wouldn't have to stay with these hours for years.

I failed at managing my stress (I have 3jobs).  I started smoking again.  It sucks.  Before I smoked, Rescue Remedy really helped me when I was stressed.  When I quit smoking, hopefully soon, I am going to take up meditation and yoga.  I am actively seeking another job...they are hard to find here with an English degree.

#4 of 5 Old 10-06-2012, 08:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I will only need to keep this 2nd job for another month.  No longer. 

As far as getting promoted in this company, there really isn't a time table.  Apparently 6 months to a year I'll have the opportunity, based on my performance, to get a different shift if I want it.

I also started smoking again, I'm not doing well at managing my stress at all and not getting enough rest.  I have had a cold now for almost 3 weeks :/ 

As far as my daughter sleeping with me, she usually ends up in my bed at some point in the night.  Very rarely does she sleep all night in her own bed.  The past couple of nights I've been so tired that I haven't even wanted to mess with a real bedtime ritual, like I usually do, so I have had her fall asleep in my bed with me.  Just for the sake of ease.

I'm so tired of being tired :(

How do people do it???  lol

I thought about the whole waitress thing for the same reasons you chose it, but I do have goals to move up in this company.  Not to mention, the benefits they provide me are amazing.  Health, legal, etc...  The legal benefits are something that I need because my ex and I are still not legally divorced... after 2 years... and that needs to happen.  A custody agreement needs to be written up because at this point he is hardly there and I pay for everything.  So, I will be asking for money from him.  And, likely be dealing with him throwing a temper tantrum in my ear drums on the phone.... that's something I know and that doesn't help with my anxiety and stress levels! 

#5 of 5 Old 10-07-2012, 04:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hug2.gif

I wish I could give you some advice, but I am terrible with stress management and I smoke, too.

There are three things I learned about life. It goes on. -Longfellow

stillheart.gifRIP DH DJ Delicious but mucho gracias for our children and all I have learnedstillheart.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page