So far so good! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-21-2012, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just wanted to give a little update.  STBX moved out on Thursday.  It happened a lot quicker than we were planning (he wanted to get out since we were sick and he didn't want to catch the bug since he has a lot of work coming up).  It was the day before my birthday which was a bit traumatic.  I was able to be really positive through the move but the evening on my own was tough.  The next morning my mom and aunt came over and we rearranged furniture and set up a wonderful playroom for my daughter.  It is great to have so much of the clutter gone.  

Today is day 3.  I'm sure that there may be some hard days ahead but so far I'm loving having my own space.  I'm not walking on eggshells anymore.  I can feel the tension unwinding in me.  I'm free!  My daughter keeps going into his old room and just yelling (in a fun way).  She could never make noise like that in our house before!  So I think she is feeling like she can expand a bit too.  He has been over for dinner every night.  He seems happier too.  We are both more relaxed.  I think that we are going to be able to be really good friends and enjoy each other's company without the stress of trying to be a married couple.  

I've been through months of agony, dreading being on my own.  But now that it is here it isn't so bad!  I thought I'd be afraid especially at night.  But it is ok.  I think that this is really going to be ok!

Leaving the relationship behind now feels like a relief.  My biggest hurdle will probably be figuring out how to juggle a new baby and my four year old completely on my own.  But without the stress of worrying about STBX it may actually be easier than parenting with him here.  

#2 of 5 Old 10-22-2012, 08:12 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

It feels funny saying "congrats" but I don't know what else to say!  I remember that "freeing" feeling so well.  It was such a relief when XH moved out.  Just keep moving forward day by day and you'll figure it all out as you go along.  smile.gif

hug2.gif

Mom to DD heartbeat.gif (04.21.13)   DS blahblah.gif (8 years old) and DSD energy.gif(10 years old) and 2 dog2.gif and 2cat.gif
#3 of 5 Old 10-27-2012, 08:16 PM

Wow, your stbx moved out two days before mine... can we be single Mama buddies?

I am glad you are doing well, and I so know how it feels. Although I am sad because there were some good things about our marriage too; I like his parents, they have a cool organic farm, and he was making pretty good money.

Peace and light to you!

Me,yummy.gif   DS, Peace.gif and DDdust.gif Grateful to the baby I lost for sticking around long enough to teach me what I needed to know so badly  candle.gif  We  love our forest valley home, our goats and chickenschicken3.gif, and wild harvested food-medicine coolshine.gif

#4 of 5 Old 10-28-2012, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyMae09 View Post

Wow, your stbx moved out two days before mine... can we be single Mama buddies?

I am glad you are doing well, and I so know how it feels. Although I am sad because there were some good things about our marriage too; I like his parents, they have a cool organic farm, and he was making pretty good money.

Peace and light to you!

Yes!  I could use a newly single mama buddy.  I have been realizing that, although so many others have gone down this path before, this really is a lonely road.  It is amazing how it seems that even though I have lots of friends and family for support this is just something I have to do completely on my own.  Things are going well, but it feels so solitary.  

#5 of 5 Old 10-28-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaRuga View Post

Yes!  I could use a newly single mama buddy.  I have been realizing that, although so many others have gone down this path before, this really is a lonely road.  It is amazing how it seems that even though I have lots of friends and family for support this is just something I have to do completely on my own.  Things are going well, but it feels so solitary.  

I totally get that. To me, I don't think it's sunk it yet that we really are done for good this time, yk?

Well, we have each other now. I pm'd you, maybe we can be friends on FB?

Me,yummy.gif   DS, Peace.gif and DDdust.gif Grateful to the baby I lost for sticking around long enough to teach me what I needed to know so badly  candle.gif  We  love our forest valley home, our goats and chickenschicken3.gif, and wild harvested food-medicine coolshine.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page