Single mom of two with another on the way - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-04-2012, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm a single mom of two and have been for about 2 1/2 years now when I left thier abusive father.  I've been trying to get a divorce for a while now and things were finally panning out.  Until I got pregnant...
I have been in a relationship with a guy for almost 2 years.  At one point we were pretty serious, however lately we were knowing the end was near but just sort of hanging on, if that makes sense.  I've been on birth control for ohh months to 1/2 a year or so.  Well I took it exactly like I was supposed to.  Worked fine... until I didn't get my period when I should have 2 months ago.  Thought I was nuts to take one, but took a test and I stared in disbelief at the positive sign.  After 2 more tests I finally believed the tests were right.  Big shocker!
Well the father was not happy either.  He wanted it aborted or adopted.  I don't believe in either.  Fine for others, but just not for me.  Not how I was raised.  I was raised if something happens you deal with it. 
So the father is moving 2 states away to go back to school.  He has said he'll help financially but has no clue if he'll even come to visit or how often or anything.

Sooo I get to be a single mother of 3 now.  Not at all how I planned my life would turn out and feel so ashamed that this has happened. 

I was going to finally have some stuff sorted out!  After divorce would be finalized I was going to look for a better job and try to get off assistance.  Well, that just isn;t going to happen any time soon now.  I was a bit excited to have the kids rowing past diapers and other baby stuff into children who were much calmer and didn't need me 24/7.  Don't get me wrong, I love them dearly, it just takes a lot to be a single parent, especially of more than 1.

Anyways, thought I would re-introduce myself since it had been a while since I was on the single parenting area.

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 07:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hey Murph, welcome back. Congrats on the pregnancy! I'm sorry the circumstances are so hard, I remember how difficult your relationship with the father has been, but miracle babies are good things =)

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)

User Tag List