What will you give your chil for Xmas? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-09-2012, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been worrying about this. I'm pretty sure I won't get any aid befor then. I've been googling for ideas I can make. Dd I think I can figure out. Ds, 9 year old boy, I just don't know. We had so much stuff stuff with their dad. We left that life. I don't want to spend money on worthless toys. But I want to give them some thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 10:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I tell kids santa only visits the house they are at so we do xmas once every 2yrs. They dont lack for things anyway. From ME for xmas they usually get a pair of jammies, a few books/puzzles/board games, a few dvds, and generally around 40 towards toys or less. One year it was bakugon that my almost 9yr old got, last year both kids got legos. My dad followed suit and got him some of the same line.

My youngest will be 6 shortly and is waayyy into guitars and i am thinking about putting him into lessons finally (pondering for years now) and next year for xmas may bring a new guitar. He was in loooove with electric bass at store so maybe a 1/2 or 3/4 size bass smile.gif

Eldest id provably buy him lego university set for him, new french terry pants (sewn by me), some new chapter books, and a new dvd or two.

Im probably gonna try him in karate this year (in lieu of xmas stuff) so maybe that will help with add and esteem and bring better gift idea for next year.

My mom is good at trinkety stuff and clothes, dad i usually have to tell him not to blow 200 per kid, and i generally aim for 200-300 max for both kids. Next year may turn out to be a "one big gift" year from me tho!
For us/me its more abt driving 16hrs and seeing my huge fam in chicago. Kids i dont think would care if they got empty boxes. Lol!

User Tag List