new here, single, and alone - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-16-2012, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, I'm new here.  I'm a single mom of a teen girl.  My daughter is always with me, always has been since her birth.  my husband and i have been separated since she was 3 and he has had nothing to do with her.  She has never spent a night away from home but, tonight, for the first time, she went on a trip with other teens for the weekend.  She has texted me and is fine and having fun, but I have a knot in my stomach and the house is so quiet and I guess I feel lonely.  I'm not sure how to get through this weekend.  It's going to be a long one.  I'm happy she is having fun and thankful we can keep in touch with texting and phone and I know if I can make it thru this first night I'll be ok and so will she.  But how to make it through this long first night is the question.  She's been gone 2 hours now, only 2 hours,  and it already seems like an eternity.  It's going to be a very long weekend and tomorrow is going to be a very long day.  Sunday she comes home so I hope that time goes quickly and I know that the more she does this, the more we both will adjust to it and I know it is healthy for both of us to have time apart but I just dont know what to do with myself.   I feel lonely, and a bit scared becuase if anything happens with her, I"m not there to help her or encourage or hug her and hold her.  Anyone got any suggestions or help?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 11-16-2012, 09:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Take the weekend for yourself.  If you have some extra funds, go to the bookstore, spend some time at starbucks, get a mani/pedi, get your hair done (all things I would love to do if I have some extra cash).   My kiddo is 12 and spends every second with me LOL,  "me" time is very precious and I treasure those hours I get alone.

Your DD will be fine, she is going to have a great time.   Sunday will be here and she will come home with all types of stories of what she did, who she met etc.

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#3 of 3 Old 11-17-2012, 08:53 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

What a beautiful bond the two of you have. That is so special. You have done well, mama. Be proud. 

I hope you do something nice for yourself. Watch some light movies. Go to the gym. Exercise will definitely help. Play happy music.

Appreciate that she can do this and be fine - you helped her get there :)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page