Scared about tomorrow's court appearance - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-18-2012, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Court tomorrow - worried, nervous!!!  It is for contempt charges against stbx - owes me >$34,000.00 has not paid anything. Judge warned him, but, who knows. He is crying poverty and says he can't pay because he has too many bills and I make enough to support the 3 of us.

He also wants me to pay his legal fees when he was arrested after violating the restraining order. The DA tried to prosecute him, but, didn't realize it is a civil matter and neither did I until it all went down:( 

Visitation is also up in the air. He wants evey other weekend and another friday into saturday leavingme with only 3 weekend days per month:((  

Wrote a letter to the judge about my lawyer which I am sure he received, but, not sure what he thinks of it? Lawyer has been nicer & more responsive though..

Really nervous!!!!!

#2 of 5 Old 11-18-2012, 10:43 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Good luck! I hope things get sorted out for you. I'll be thinking of you. Can you bring anyone with you to court? That's what I wish I had done when I was in court last week. X was there with his mom who emotionally bullied me with a horrible death stare. Breathe. Don't forget to breathe!

#3 of 5 Old 11-19-2012, 03:49 AM - Thread Starter

thank you

#4 of 5 Old 11-19-2012, 05:06 AM

You'll make it through!  It's nerve-wracking to deal with all those issues, but really it sounds like your ex has more to worry about than you do.  I mean, he's so far behind with all that money - and the fact that he violated the order AND expects you to pay his legal fees for violating it...?  Crazy.  I hope the judge sees how irresponsible that is as well.  Hopefully too will just do the standard visitation thing and not give him the Friday thing, too - remember you can appeal, too.  Hang in there!

#5 of 5 Old 11-19-2012, 06:34 PM

I agree with MissLotus.  I know it can be so hard to believe when things have gotten that bad though.  ((hugs))

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page