Wanting to move 6 hours away from my child's dad - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-18-2012, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I live in a small town and I have tried for 6 years to make the relationship work with my child's dad. He has cheated and lied on me several times and I have taken him back. Now, he is gone again with another girlfriend and says he wants to come back but needs time (he likes to keep me strung along and he doesn't want to talk about it at all). I know it is not best to stay in a relationship for your child but living where I live his other women are always right in my face. My child's dad is not a dead beat dad but he also does not put our child first - he doesn't put any of his 4 kids first. He will lie to me and tell me he is working and doesn't see our child. Right now our child is 4 and doesn't understand but I'm afraid as she gets older she will see this with her own eyes. I want to try to apply for some jobs in a bigger city where my brother, sister-in-law, and nephew and friends live. I feel this move will give me and my child more opportunities, but I don't want my daughter to resent me for taking her farther away from her dad. I will be more than willing to meet him half away which is about where two of his other children live. I'm just very unhappy in this small town.   Am I being selfish to want to move away?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 03:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I dont think you are being selfish at all. The dad aside, you need to do whats best for your family - and if that means moving to find a better job etc than that needs to happen. Getting away from your childs dad might be healthier for you and them. 

Lindsay: DS#1 (06/06) DD#1 (09/07) DS#2 (10/08) DD#2 (06/09). AND A BABY DUE NOVEMBER 2013

Old 12-20-2012, 12:40 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Just do what you want to do. He doesn't consider YOUR feelings does he?

19 yr old
12 yr old
5 yr old

User Tag List