I'm dreading Christmas break - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-20-2012, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was so excited I almost jumped when I found out I get a whole two weeks off for Xmas break. But now I scared. What on earth am I going to do with myself for two whole weeks. I'll have time to think. Since this whole awful divorce mess started I haven't had to sit down and think. Just react and deal with life. Find a job, move, do the job. Huge change for me going from stay at home mom that does it all to single working full time mom that does it all. I don't want to have time to think. I haven't even had time to find the kids some Christmas gifts. My kids are at the active age where they need to be driven places almost every night. We live now, in the middle of nowhere. The nearest Walmart is an hour drive. I'm ok at work, but the nights are hard. I have no idea how to handle break.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2012, 05:21 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)

As a full time college student, I also just started a long winter break.  I have plans to read some books for enjoyment (not textbooks, yay!), and do some art projects that have been sitting and waiting in my head for a while.  Also, fill out some scholarship applications and do some extra house cleaning.

bellyhair.giftreehugger.gif     coolshine.gif      greenthumb.gif     read.gif
Old 12-21-2012, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My day didn't start out real well. I got us all out the door found my keys lost my keys found my keys sort of morning. Scraped the car windows and off we went. I hadn't gotten out of town and I got pulled over. Forgot to turn on the lights on my car. No idea how I forgot that. The officer yelled at me asked my I didn't turn them on. All I could say was I was sorry I forgot. Then he just stormed off and and said real snidely, 'have a nice day.' I didn't know if he was going to come back and write me a ticket or not. I'm new to this small town. He drove off. So off I went to school, but a few miles down the road, I lost it. Tottal break down. Cried all the way there. Pulled it together to walk in but one of the staff caught me off guard in my inner office and I broke down again. I can handle so much and then something as stupid as someone yelling at me is the straw that breaks me. I have been yelled at tons of times and been just fine. Why this time? I made it through the unproductive day. But I just wanted to leave all day. My afternoon appointment was canceled. And yet with all this I'm so glad my kids are ok. Some of the families I work with are so fragile. Mine is a rock in comparison. I am struck over and over with how lucky I am. But I guess looking back being yelled at by an officer was sort of not in the realm of things I have experienced so far in life. He was totally out of line. He had no right to yell at me. The fellow staffer that caught me in a weak monument said he is a jerk and doesn't ever do anything but eat donuts anyway. Yes, it's that small of a town. I love my job. I love the way my fellow staff treat my kids. I know small towns can be hard but I love not being anomous anymore.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:55 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

What an ass that officer was!!! On the bright side, at least you didn't get ticketed. 

I am dreading this Christmas, the kids go with their dad at 3pm on Christmas Day and are supposed to be with him until Jan 6th. I have no clue how I am going to fill the time! The only reason I haven't agreed to him cutting his time short is I have plans for the 4th and 5th. Other than those two days I have nothing to do! I felt like crying today just thinking about it but I hate doing that so sat down to read mothering instead lol.

User Tag List