Hi everyone- I've been browsing posts for the past few months (after a long absence from MDC) and wanted to say hi. After several years of struggling to make a decision and take steps, I finally told H in July that I wanted a divorce. And said that repeatedly for the past 6 months. He's in denial and has refused to see a mediator or discuss next steps. He tells me he's not getting a divorce and I can move out if I want- he'll have the house and the kids. He has also threatened to go after full custody and lock me out of the house. I have a good attorney so I feel prepared for these possibilities and not worried about the outcome. I feel very sure about what I'm doing, which is a relief after so many years of trying to make a decision.
On friday I signed the paperwork to file a complaint for divorce and my attorney is filing it on Monday. Woo-hoo! I'm a little worried about serving him. He's been so deep in denial that I don't think it's going to be good. He's been emotionally abusive over the years, and recently made some vague threats about not pushing him too far. I want to keep the house and have stability for the kids, so I've stayed (in a separate room). He won't move out, so I'm stuck with this situation for now. I have considered moving out with a friend who is also recently a single mom, but don't want to give up my leverage with the house.
I'd be interested in any btdt stories or advice. Thanks!
|40 members and 8,806 guests|
|AlaskAnne , bluefaery , CarolS , ChantalM , ekko92 , farmermomma , Fox-fern , greenemami , happyhats , iceface , Incubator , ivfprescriptions , JelloPanda , johnyinfo11 , LiLStar , mathew781 , Meagz , Milk8shake , moominmamma , mummabear13 , Mylie , nrangare , offer , OliviaA , prosciencemum , RollerCoasterMama , SandiMae , sarafl , summerslover , sunnygogo , suzie mccool , The , Tigerle , TourmalineMama , verticalscope , wilbanks , zebra15|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 01:21 PM.|