Conscious Uncoupling - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-17-2013, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Has anyone else done the Conscious Uncoupling course with Katherine Woodward Thomas?  

A friend recommended it and even lent me her copy of the mp3s because I was hesitant about spending the money on the course.  I started them a couple of months ago and I feel like I've made 10 years of progress in just a few weeks.  It has turned things around for me more than anything else.  Much better than all of the therapy I was spending loads of money on.   When I'm feeling ready I'm definitely  going to get her course on "Calling in the One", but that is still a long way off. 

I've kind of gotten slowed down on the final two weeks (it is a five week program, but you can do it at your own pace).   

The focus of the course is a lot of direct self examination and healing so that you can move forward without all of the anger, drama, and hurt.  

I'd be interested in starting a discussion thread if there are any others who are doing the course.

What were the main issues that you identified?  For me, it was how much I self abandoned to try to make everything ok for my husband in a crazy attempt to get him to meet my needs.  A strong pattern left over from my own childhood bullying issues.

It also really helped me to "unplug" from STBX energetically, honor our relationship, but also see how I really need to move on into something more healthy.

When my husband left, I knew that I really needed to take a good hard look at myself and take this chance to figure out why I created this pattern in the first place.  Why did I choose someone so unavailable emotionally, physically, intimately?  Why did that seem like a safe choice rather than risking being with someone who could really be available?    

I feel like there is a lot more healing for me to do. I'm just so thankful to be out of the dark pit of grief I was in just a few months ago and to not have the residual anger that I had been lugging around.  

I may go back and start the course over again before finishing the last two classes.  

Just wondering if anyone else here is doing it, or has done it, and wants to join me in talking about it?

#2 of 6 Old 03-17-2013, 02:10 PM

This is the first I've heard of it but sounds like something I could be very interested in. Your description:

Quote:
why I created this pattern in the first place.  Why did I choose someone so unavailable emotionally, physically, intimately?  Why did that seem like a safe choice rather than risking being with someone who could really be available?  

...is what I'm working on at the moment too.

I'll look into the cost of it , but will definitely follow this thread.

#3 of 6 Old 05-22-2013, 12:44 PM

post deleted

#4 of 6 Old 05-22-2013, 04:20 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I haven't done this specific program, but I've done other of Katharine's work (and a very lot of similar personal development work) and heard some of the mini-seminars she did about this course. I'd recommend it and think it would be very valuable =)

love.gif Robin~ single, work-at-home sewmachine.gif momma to my homeschooling WonderBoys
                         blahblah.gif YoungMan (6/00) & bouncy.gif LittleBoy (6/04)

#5 of 6 Old 03-26-2014, 05:11 AM

Hi guys, 

Hope you're well and don't mind me getting in touch on here... 

I'm a journalist in the UK and currently looking to speak to people who have completed a course in 'conscious uncoupling' and felt the benefits from it.

I work for a prestigious women's magazine and we'd love to tell our female audience about it.

I wondered if anyone on here might be interested in a short chat? It would only take ten to fifteen minutes and we can pay you for your time also.

Do let me know if you can help. You can contact me on zoe.beaty@graziamagazine.co.uk.

Thanks so much, I look forward to hearing from you. 

Best,

Zoe x

#6 of 6 Old 04-10-2014, 11:28 PM

Im interested in this thread. I am a little paranoid about someone who wants to interview people on here for money. i think that is pretty inappropriate, please look for your interview suspects elsewhere!!!

As the person apparently only joined these forums for that purpose. that aside!

I am ready to consciously uncouple. my partner and i consciously created children together. and sadly, most else we have done together has come at serious loss of integrity to myself. there is more dysfunction than i can shake a stick at and i laugh at the idea that he would join me in a conscious uncoupling, because he wouldn't even join me in a conscious coupling, why would he suddenly step up and be present for this releasing. 

Earthy Mama treehugger.gifmarried to my best friend with a sweet,joy.gif Spark of Love born 1.2.10, expecting hola.gif 3.4.13!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page