So frustrated and stressed out by the process. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-04-2013, 07:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I can't help but feel so stressed and frustrated by this entire process. My children are  still upset - especially my daughter, my credit is ruined, bill collectors are harassing me, I am losing my home, the lawyer fees continue to escalate, he still exerts control over us when he can and I see no light or end of the tunnel:(

It feels like he just ignores the court orders, harasses me at will, keeps his entire salary and doles out dribbles of what he feels we deserve when he feels like it and it seems as though the lawyer and judge don't really want to hear anything. We had a contempt hearing 12 weeks ago with no decision and although the judge told him his acts were "willfull" - they took notes of all of the fake bills he made up. Now I finally started a job where I have health insurance and he wants to remove the children from his insurance plan!!!

He is trying to pressure me into selling the house which will be in foreclosure at some point, but, without the CS and other money he is supposed to be paying I cannot afford to pay rent. It is nearly impossible to find a rental and if you do it is very expensive in my town and he is demanding that the children and I stay in this town:((  We really need to stay in our house as long as possible - how do I stop him from pursuing the sale?

It has been 1 year since we started the divorce and it doesn't seem to be progressing.  

I feel so hopeless

#2 of 2 Old 04-04-2013, 08:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm very sorry that's happening to you and that this is the father your kids have to look up to. I'm not sure where you are but do you know if there are any pro-bono lawyers in your area that could help? 

Without knowing your husband's motivations, it's hard to give good advice. Maybe he wants to see you homeless for his own personal gain (taking custody?) or the threat of homelessness might knock some sense into him that this is the situation he is creating for his kids. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page