LEAVING THE COUNTRY - DD is staying with her dad while I'm gone... ADVICE PLEASE... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-08-2013, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm a single mom of a 6-year-old... her dad and I agree on most parenting topics - however, I want to outline things for when I'm out of the country (midwifery internship overseas for 2 months).

I want to outline diet, vaccination, school, limit TV, etc etc etc.

Anyone have a link to forms or anything that will make this process a bit easier?

Thanks!

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

#2 of 4 Old 08-08-2013, 09:38 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Do you have sole custody? Many of those items are not something normally controllable between parents with joint custody.

The internship sounds great!!
#3 of 4 Old 08-09-2013, 04:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Agreed.  I'm not sure there's much you can do about any of that except for schooling preferences.  And even then, a judge may not even listen.  You would be best to sit down with the other parent and discuss what's best for your daughter collectively while you are the absent parent.  Just let Dad know how it works well at your house and make suggestions for how it could be modified to his house and hope for the best.  I think that's all you can do.  You cannot force him to parent the way you want.  Good luck with your internship.  I hope everything runs smoothly.

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

#4 of 4 Old 08-09-2013, 05:55 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
My sister when she left her kids with grandma for a week wrote out a sample daily schedule and also a week of meal plans. It wasn't that they needed to be followed exactly but they gave my patents a good idea of what would work.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page