Single Mamas By Choice - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#271 of 293 Old 08-04-2014, 08:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thank you ladies for the temping feedback. I get overwhelmed just noting my day 1 and ovulation testing! I am going to skip the temp process.

So my first two IUIs were such an eye opener to my body. Within days I had very strong ab muscle pain, like I had done a million situps and crunches. It was pain for sure, dull, but painful. I also had this weird electrical sensation over my skin, my face in particular, that would wake me up. I was definitely convinced I was pregnant and I know with the first everyone thought I was a nutcase, because my period arrived right on schedule.

Then the next month, the exact same thing happened, unmistakably obvious to me, and everyone smiled and bs'ed that they were happy. Then I got a positive. Finally I felt vindicated! In reality, their thoughts didn't matter, so now I am sharing with you guys and not with anyone else. I know they care and are interested, but I don't need to convince anyone of anything.

That second iui ended as a chemical about 10 days after my period due date (I'm like clockwork, down to the hour). I'm sad it didn't work, but I'm glad I learned to listen to what my body was telling me.

My point is, you know what your body is telling you. You are not crazy because you thought you were pregnant and turned out you weren't. I believe fertilizing an egg is actually not that hard, and there is a chemical process that begins whether or not that egg ever implants. We may not be happy that we aren't ultimately pregnant, but that doesn't mean what you did feel was imaginary.

Be supportive of each other, but also of yourself!
#272 of 293 Old 08-05-2014, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
esg, no, haven't done the HSG yet. Doc wanted to wait a 3-6 more months of trying since I got rid of the bacterial infection to see if that is what was causing the troubles, and now I don't have insurance (but they probably wouldn't pay for HSG anyway)....
Feeling so cynical about the whole process right now. I hope the foster care lady and I hit it off in person tomorrow. We seemed to have a good connection when we spoke on the phone. Fingers crossed.

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
#273 of 293 Old 08-12-2014, 02:05 PM

Hi everyone,
Sooo... that ab pain that I mentioned that I know is my personal sign. Well it has hit me with full force, just took a little time to appear. It is pretty non stop. I took a wondfo cheapo test yesterday I thought maybe there might be a line. I took it to my neighbor who said yes, it is super faint, but there

I tried to take a pic but it just wouldn't show up in the photo, too light. I did a test w fmu today..... still super super light, but you can see it in the pix!
I have a frer and digital I will use on Friday, but in the meantime I am still poas w my wondfos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140812_065739.jpg (92.7 KB, 4 views)

38 year old hopeful single mother by choice!
IUI #2 -Chemical 12/2013
IUI #8 - BFP! EDD 4/22/2015
#274 of 293 Old 08-12-2014, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter

Wow! Angeebaby!! Congrats!! Fingers crossed it's a sticky one!!

The Foster care lady was awesome. I felt like we had a really good connection and even though being questioned for 2 hrs straight was intense and hit on some old wounds I think I answered well and she ended by saying that if she could license me right then and there she would. So that felt great! but then she emailed me a few days later, after going over everything w/her supervisor, saying we couldn't proceed, but I could still take the training...? So confused and worried... replied asking for clarity (yesterday?), but she hasn't gotten back to me yet...
Ovulation time is happening in the next couple days and I'm in a really odd space w/this whole acquire a kiddo by any means possible thing lol Something just feels off... I don't think I've fully processed what I felt was a loss last cycle cuz I've been so busy and not wanting to dwell on it-there's such a fine line between allowing the feelings to be felt fully and getting lost in them for me....
Meanwhile today was the first day of school for my mama friends whose babes I'm caring for so the first official day of being a nanny again! Little munch-6 mon, had a hard time trying to fall asleep w/o the boob-poor guy.... Typically I have baby sleep magic and he just fights it all! I know we'll get into a good rhythm, but it's gonna be challenging for him!

What's new with you guys?

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
#275 of 293 Old 08-13-2014, 10:58 AM

Today is my period due date. I am never late, so hopefully it doesn't make a surprise visit. I know I should be accepting my test result, but I am leery. It is just way too light. I want to see an absolutely conclusive dark line, ok on 3 brands too hah. Wondfo was no darker today though. Will keep everyone posted.
#276 of 293 Old 08-13-2014, 08:21 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
angeebaby, that looks like a line to me! *fingers crossed* for you. I was only able to see faint lines after 11dpo (after I took the sticks apart), and never got even a faint line on those wonder fro tests.. not until almost a week past when my AF was due. Good luck!!

prescottchels-- what is it like being a nanny?

single mama to dd (June 2011)
#2 due December 2014!
#277 of 293 Old 08-14-2014, 06:36 AM

Girlspn - thank you for that advice!

I didn't want to waste the expensive tests until the wondfo was dark, so this morning I got another barely there wondfo.... and a very clear frer and 1-2 weeks pregnant on the digital! Af was due yesterday and thankfully stayed away!

Finallllyyyyy! Please little bean, stick with me!
#278 of 293 Old 08-14-2014, 08:10 PM

Congratulations angeebaby!

#2 due December 2014!
#279 of 293 Old 08-14-2014, 08:53 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Happy dance for Angeebaby and little bean!
#280 of 293 Old 08-16-2014, 02:06 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Congratulations Angel baby

Hi all I'd like to join. I'm six weeks pregnant after conceiving on my own with egg and sperm donors.

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#281 of 293 Old 08-16-2014, 02:16 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Welcome and congratulations Silverbird!
#282 of 293 Old 08-16-2014, 04:12 PM

Thank you ladies for the good wishes! I had a sudden burst of energy Thursday and did some very serious house cleaning, including vacuuming the sofa and steam mopping! Thank goodness too because I am having ab pains when I twist or get up too fast. Glad the cleaning is done hah.

Welcome silverbird! We are a week and a half apart in our journey! Exciting, when will you do your first ultrasound?

I have mostly been in bed today, but I forced myself to take care of a couple important things, so I am happy with that. Just envisioning my future life. So excited. I am going to move a few things out of the third bedroom closet. Funny, I don't want it to be storage any longer! That will be the baby's room. Can't believe I just wrote that!
#283 of 293 Old 08-16-2014, 06:11 PM

Thanks both. I had my first ultrasound on Friday one baby and a heart beat so happy.

Welcome silverbird! We are a week and a half apart in our journey! Exciting, when will you do your first ultrasound?

I have mostly been in bed today, but I forced myself to take care of a couple important things, so I am happy with that. Just envisioning my future life. So excited. I am going to move a few things out of the third bedroom closet. Funny, I don't want it to be storage any longer! That will be the baby's room. Can't believe I just wrote that! [/QUOTE]
#284 of 293 Old 08-16-2014, 07:16 PM

Silverbird - saw your other reply, yep, not too many of us single mamas by choice, but I think our numbers are growing.

I joined a single mother's group here in Arizona, but the needs/experiences are definitely different. I commend our self reliance and ability to build our support structures!

I am dating, but now that I am pregnant, I am debating whether I want to continue the relationship. I never considered having a baby in any relationship I have had in the past, including my marriage. The thought of someone being stuck in my life potentially decades (and I'm not talkig the kid) was too much to bear. There is a certain power to control that I see too often in men.

My concern in this relationship, things aren't as rosy as they should be 3 months in, but my purpose in being a single mother is to provide a sense of stability that I think is lacking in many two parent homes (since they don't seem to stick together). So I question introducing someone who a child might construe as a father, afterall, that's why I never considered parenthood before.

So I might be different in that I am not sure I want a partner in the future at all. Maybe a companion that I meet for occasional dates, maybe not. Still trying to figure out that part.

The one thing I am sure of is motherhood! I am ready to build my little family.
#285 of 293 Old 08-16-2014, 08:11 PM

Welcome silverbird! Congratulations!

#2 due December 2014!
#286 of 293 Old 08-22-2014, 09:55 AM

Hi ladies! Well I just looked up my due date for my first early miscarriage, and it would have been this week. Just makes me think. I am ok with it, but it just makes me all the more anxious about this one sticking.

I keep getting worried when I have af like cramps, and can you believe I'm still testing? Ultrasound can't get here soon enough, and neither can my little baby!

I have a few major life stressors I am working on at the moment (finish classes and get the old house sold). I guess they are kind of big, but once those are done, I will have the freedom to pore all my thoughts and energy into my upcoming new life. Excited, it still seems so unbelievable to me.

How is everyone doing?

What are some things you'd like completed before your bundle arrives?

The inner organizer in me is tryig to get out obviously

How are you feeling silverbird?
#287 of 293 Old 08-22-2014, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeebaby View Post
Hi ladies! Well I just looked up my due date for my first early miscarriage, and it would have been this week. Just makes me think. I am ok with it, but it just makes me all the more anxious about this one sticking.

I keep getting worried when I have af like cramps, and can you believe I'm still testing? Ultrasound can't get here soon enough, and neither can my little baby!

I have a few major life stressors I am working on at the moment (finish classes and get the old house sold). I guess they are kind of big, but once those are done, I will have the freedom to pore all my thoughts and energy into my upcoming new life. Excited, it still seems so unbelievable to me.

How is everyone doing?

What are some things you'd like completed before your bundle arrives?

The inner organizer in me is tryig to get out obviously

How are you feeling silverbird?
Thanks Famermother and girlspyn.

it's nerve wracking huh I hope your scan is soon.

I'm OK thanks had a bit of hormone induced meltdown the other day feeling like I was being judged and criticised.

But feeling better today after some sleep!

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#288 of 293 Old 08-22-2014, 02:08 PM

Scan is in one week, can't wait!

Don't worry about the meltdown. I actually rolled down my window at a red light this morning and went off on a dude for texting while driving. I'm the queen of mellow, so the temporary insanity made me laugh afterwards. Definitely hormones raging!

I just made a list of more stuff I *have* to take care of before baby. Omg I'm going to drive myself bonkers! Hah

IUI #2 -Chemical 12/2013
#289 of 293 Old 08-22-2014, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeebaby View Post
I tested to beyond 6 weeks until I had a scan following some spotting. I had a lot of tests left over and liked to see the lines get darker. I figure that was crazy behavior but oh well! POAS is pretty harmless. When is your ultrasound? How are things going?

#2 due December 2014!
#290 of 293 Old 08-22-2014, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbird View Post
I'm OK thanks had a bit of hormone induced meltdown the other day feeling like I was being judged and criticised.
Hope you feel better! I've had a lot of these moments so far, especially in the first trimester.

#2 due December 2014!
#291 of 293 Old 08-23-2014, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlspn View Post
I tested to beyond 6 weeks until I had a scan following some spotting. I had a lot of tests left over and liked to see the lines get darker. I figure that was crazy behavior but oh well! POAS is pretty harmless. When is your ultrasound? How are things going?
I will be scheduling the appointment this week, aiming for a Saturday appointment I think. My fears of the bean not sticking are abating, feel super prego hah. And yes, insomnia sucks, but I've been dealing w that my whole adult life, so kinda used to it.
#292 of 293 Old 08-27-2014, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome & Congrats, Silverbird!! You & Angeebaby should join your due date club if you haven't already-you'll get a whole slew of mamas going through pregnancy at the same time!

What's new & exciting with everyone else?

AFM I'm in TWW #29 gajillion... not hopeful but there's always a chance at being surprised... Life has been nutty with 2 big back to back catering jobs and starting the new nanny gig and then having to put it on hold for 2 weeks lol This coming Monday will resume w/regularly scheduled programming-ha!

girlspn was it you that asked about what it's like to nanny? Someone did... my brain is just starting to see clearly after all the craziness of the past several weeks! In some respects nannying is awesome as in handing over the tired, cranky baby at the end of the day to someone else, and having fun going places you wouldn't go on your own like swinging at the park or visiting the zoo... But it can also be hard to hand back a baby that you've cared for to parents that sometimes don't do as a good a job parenting as you do or leaving the job for something else after all that time you've spent with a baby that you're now attached and bonded to. That can be heart wrenching, but overall I think it's pretty rewarding to watch little ones grow and develop and holding space for that is really awesome.

#293 of 293 Old 08-27-2014, 09:03 PM

Ultrasound is confirmed for Saturday afternoon!! Trying to keep all my worries away. Really hope there is a heart beat or at least growth indicating things are going ok. I really don't want to find out there's something the matter. I feel good though, very good. Falling asleep early, and having insomnia in the wee hours of the morning, but energized still throughout the day.

I am also going on a date on Friday! I know, seems like too much with TTC/being pregnant/ok I am still adjusting to the mindset, but I avoided dating through most of last year, and even tho this last guy didn't work out, it really helped my TTC time become more bearable. I think keeping normal life going is the healthiest thing for me mentally, otherwise I just start dwelling on the things that I cannot control. I have already brought up the TTC and possible other avenues (foster or adoption) and the barriers I have hit with each. He seems very interested and wanted to discuss those in person. I think it might help that he is in the medical field (an RN). I know, we are supposed to be talking babies here! But I am happy to have other things to focus on at the same time.

On another note, I MUST finish writing a paper tomorrow, I have only 3 more days left in this term and if it isn't done, I lose all my work in this master's program. I am not as stressed as it might sound. If I was stressed, I'd probably have it finished already! Hoping to wrap it up in the morning at work tomorrow.

I will update you all on Saturday I am sure! I asked the ultrasound guy if 6w3d was too early for the ultrasound and he assured me it would be fine. I really hope so!!!!

IUI #2 -Chemical 12/2013

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page