Single Mamas By Choice - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
#361 of 375 Unread 12-01-2014, 08:34 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
girlspn - thank you! had a good thanksgiving in these necks of the woods.. 80 degrees! Not bad!! When is that new baby coming?!?!?

satori - sounds like you have been through a lot this year.. you deserve a bit of a break and yea, a new baby wouldn't give you that. Excellent FSH!! Got mine tested a few months back and it came back in the same range.. 5.1 I think.. I will also be 39 in a few months. Will that help you feel ok about contemplating things for a while? Less pressure?

Well I was all ready to try again this week, but the stress of the layoff, job hunting and feeling blah have me putting it off for now. I have a vacation scheduled at the end of the month too, I would really like to enjoy that. I think that will put me in a good mental place when I get back to try again. Hopefully I will be employed then too!! I am contemplating POSSIBLY moving back to Hawaii too.. but that depends on the job department. I should have something figured out this month.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!!

38 year old hopeful to be single mother by choice!
IUI #1 - Chemical 11/2013
IUI #2 - MC @ 5w 12/2013
IUI #8 - Blighted ovum @ 7w 9/2014
Trying again! Come on good egg!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#362 of 375 Unread 12-04-2014, 10:25 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
satori-- glad to hear your results were excellent. At least ttc would be possible should you decide to pursue #3 .

angeebaby-- hawaii! sounds nice!! did you live there before?

I'm 38+5 weeks now. I thought the baby might come on Monday because I had contractions all night, and became very anxious because I felt so not ready! I couldn't sleep and got up to put away laundry and tidy up the apartment. Anyway, baby is still cooking and no signs of labor since.

I'm surprised to find that I have fear about labor and delivery. Last time, I was scared because I had no idea how long or painful labor would be. This time, I'm scared because I have an idea of how much it's going to hurt. Had to lol at myself.

single mama to DD1 (June 2011) and DD2 (Dec 2014)
#363 of 375 Unread 12-12-2014, 11:09 AM
esg

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello ladies. Just checking in.

Girlspn, have you welcomed baby yet?

Prescott, how are you lately? Any news on your front?

Angeebaby, I'm jealous you might move to Hawaii. I've been considering it for years.

Satori, very nice FSH. I would love a houseful but the more you have I think the more support you need. Good luck.

Mommytobe2016, I started out wanting to adopt internationally. My sister brought up the idea of adopting a Korean child or a Chinese child which got me thinking. I've always been open to anywhere but always too young (I was 23 when I switched to IUI so definitely not old enough for adoption). China just updated their standards though so I have to wait a few years before my son is old enough which will give me time to make it passed age 30 I'll probably do IVF first though so adoption is on hold for a while that way.
Where are you interested in adopting from?

AFM, we're in our hometown exploring around until the new year. Holidays, a graduation, trying to work on work, oh my! Have a good one ladies.
#364 of 375 Unread 12-13-2014, 08:12 PM

grlspn - thinking of you!! Wishing you a quick, smooth, wonderful delivery!!

I did live in Hawaii for 7 years, loved it, but worked a LOT to survive there! I was considering a move again since I wasn't getting any responses on the job front out here, but I finally got hired! Start mid January, which is perfect timing. Go on vacation, come home for a week, then start working. Plenty of break time!

prescott - how are things going? Have you gotten any snow in your neck of the woods? We got rain yesterday, and it was windy and cold today. I know, I am ridiculous, but I put the heat up to 80. I am still wearing shorts and tshirts, so I just have to get the winter mentality going

esg - sounds like you have a lot going on! have fun!

afm - looked up the benefits for the new job, and they offer fully paid maternity after 1 year, totally rare benefit! Soooo... I am going to try to time things so that my potential delivery would be after the 1 year mark, which puts my next try in April. Seems so far away though, so I will see if I can make it sooner. Gotta consult my tentative ovulation calendar! Ready to move forward, really don't want to wait on anything, but I am on my own support wise (as you all understand), so I just have to grin and bear it.

IUI #2 - MC @ 5w 12/2013

#365 of 375 Unread 12-15-2014, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hey all! Sorry I've been awol... went through a really rough patch, but I'm on the upswing I think! ;-)
I just found out I have insurance again and your talk of FSH levels has me curious about mine so I might look into getting that done...
I learned about another way to calculate ovulation. I've heard for many years that the body can O just about anytime it wants outside of the typical hormonal time when science says we O, but I just discovered a way to actually calculate it that tons of people use to get pregnant w/a higher rate of success so I wanted to share it with you too!
This is the calculator and this is some info about it
When you get results from the calculator they say to insem in the 24 hrs BEFORE the date & time given.
I've scheduled w/my donor using this method for this month so fingers crossed! ALSO my teacher friends at the waldorf school I use to work at have invited me to be the angel in the middle of the spiral for the Winter Spiral walk and the past 3 ladies that have sat as the angel have gotten pregnant so let's hope the tradition continues!
Girlspn-blessings on your birth or new baby! Update us when you can!!
Angeebaby-We had a tease of snow on Saturday and they predict we'll get 1-3" Tuesday night!! Congrats on the new job!
Mommytobe-Welcome!! I tried to start the foster/adopt process this year but they didn't like where I was living so they put a kabosh on it, which made me start looking to buy another house in a different area, but financially that's not in the cards right now... so that's on hold and I'm trying to stick with TTC on my own w/a donor who's a friend.
Big hugs to you all and Merry almost Christmas!! (Anyone celebrate any of our other winter holidays?)

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
#366 of 375 Unread 12-15-2014, 05:57 PM

Angee, congratulations on your new job!

Esg, it's good to hear from you. Do you have any special traditions with your son for the holidays?

Prescottchels, glad to hear that about the insurance, and let us know how this method of calculating ovulation goes!

Afm, I went into labor yesterday morning (dec 15) and baby girl is here!! 8.5 lbs and a second degree tear. Baby moon time now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#367 of 375 Unread 12-15-2014, 06:29 PM

Grlspn - wooohoooo! Congratulations! Welcome to the world, baby girl! And good job mama!
#368 of 375 Unread 12-15-2014, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlspn View Post

Afm, I went into labor yesterday morning (dec 15) and baby girl is here!! 8.5 lbs and a second degree tear. Baby moon time now.

Awwww congratulations, mama! Welcome to your sweet girl!!
#369 of 375 Unread 12-20-2014, 03:31 AM

Thank you ladies! Can't believe she is here already and all my anxieties are out the window (for now).

#370 of 375 Unread 12-20-2014, 09:34 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Congrats girlspn and big sister! Welcome baby girl!
#371 of 375 Unread 12-23-2014, 09:42 PM

Thank you farmermomma!

#372 of 375 Unread 12-23-2014, 09:48 PM

Now that baby is here, I'm wondering whether I should make an effort to meet other non-traditional types of families? This city is quite westernized, however, when it comes to families, still very traditional. I.e., babies born out of wedlock are still referred to as 'illegitimate', and during my pregnancy I was asked about a husband/father at almost every check up, even though it states clearly on my medical record that I'm a single mother. I have yet to meet another single parent or step family here.

#373 of 375 Unread Yesterday, 12:00 PM

Girlspn - I would definitely try to reach out! I joined a single mama meetup group when I had first decided to start ttc, just before my first iui, and met single moms from many different situations, divorced, widowed, surprise baby from dating, and then me. The baby is the great equalizer! They were very intrigued and excited, here I thought I'd sort of be the odd one out, and instead i was embraced even without being pregnant yet. Can you search for a meetup.com group nearby?
#374 of 375 Unread Yesterday, 01:35 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I love my church for diverse families. Meetup has been good for meeting different preschool groups for us.

Crossing my fingers for signing on new house on the 5th!

After a fizzle with my boyfriend, there has been a rekindling. I'm on an IUD for now. This was a compromise to keep him from the big V. I can't even imagine a new baby now with upcoming moving and underfoot toddler. I have been considering more often now that maybe I am done. My boyfriend is such a baby and animal person sometimes I think I want a baby with him then I'm like he's great with mine why mess with that. I don't often think about having one on my own anymore. Time will tell. Moving and getting settled will help my head a lot.
#375 of 375 Unread Today, 02:15 PM

farmermomma - good luck on the house!!!! definitely crossing my fingers for you!

I can understand how you are feeling with the baby thing. I definitely do want a baby (for now), but I am pretty content with where life is if it shouldn't happen. Everytime things fall apart with a potential partner, I reaffirm my stance to be a single mama. Then hope gets rekindled when I meet someone new. Maternity leave is fully paid at the new job, so I have found a bit of a breath of relief that I can take a break, and have it be a positive thing, until my first 90 days is up (mid April). As soon as I have that break mentally, and am happy in my singledom and single mama path, the other possibilities pop back up.

Met an older gentleman, and I mean gentelman, wow, a couple weeks back. In my pretend land, I can see him being the option for my kid free path. Then, simultaneously, I reconnected with a friend in Hawaii. We both always have shared deep feeling about what we've gone through in life, sadness, partners, death of parents, that we haven't shared with others. I have challenged him in the past, and hurt his feelings, we have laughed together, he has calmed me when everything seems like it will implode. We definitely are good friends. Now suddenly, we are both single, he knows how much I want babies, and we both are daydreaming about having that simple life with someone we trust, with wacky kids running around, having a home to grow old in. I will be visiting him on my vacation this week.

Now I can envision all sorts of different paths and have no idea which one will work out best. So many options. I guess this is where I see where life takes me. It is sort of overwhelming though. I just want to know where I am at, and where I am headed. Hate the uncertainty.

IUI #2 - MC @ 5w 12/2013

User Tag List